Ken Griffey Jr. retires

stangin99

Established Member
Sad day for baseball...one of(if not THE) best ball player of our generation has retired.

Safe to say I'll be at Cooperstown in 5 years to watch my favorite player get inducted.

Will surely miss this swing...

junior.jpg

2k3gt

Established Member
Glad I was able to go to a game last week with my girlfriend and see him one last time before he retired. We'll miss The Kid :(

stangin99

Established Member
Glad I was able to go to a game last week with my girlfriend and see him one last time before he retired. We'll miss The Kid :(

I have tickets/plans to go to Seattle in July to catch the M's/Yanks series...kinda disappointed I don't get to see him now haha :cuss:

BlownAway05

Established Member
One of the all-time best swings in baseball. My favorite player growing up as a kid. He will be in Cooperstown in 5.

On a side note, one of my friends stole a slice of his pizza in a club in downtown Orlando a couple years ago. Griffey caught him doing it, he f ucked with him pretending he was pissed, but was just screwing around. He genuinenly had "the kid" playful personality that everyone talked about in baseball.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
One of the best pure athletes in baseball, the guy do do anything and then injuries hit. His swing was perfect and he played the game right!

I am glad I got to see him play in person

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Definitely one of my favorite athletes in any sport. It was time for him to hang them up though.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
sad to see him go, but it was time. we owe a lot to Jr in seattle for what he did for baseball here. without Jr, there are no mariners. one of the greatest of all time, one of the best swings of all time, he will be missed.

thanks for everything #24.

snakebite6

Established Member
this was a big blow when i heard that he finally retired, i have been a mariners fan my whole life. I was lucky enough to see him hit a walk off against the blue jays last season, I was also at the game that him and ichiro were carried off the field by the whole team.

We shall all miss "the kid"

Coiled03

Established Member
Always sucks to see the best retire. He'll certainly be missed by anyone who cares about the game.

JYOO

Established Member
BEST player of this generation, top 5 ever...maybe, did it CLEAN too in baseball of all sports. Imagine if he didnt have to play on the concrete of the KING DOME and did not miss about 4 seasons of playing time due to injury in his semi prime, he may of been considered the best.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Got to see him play a few times in my life. Didn't seem like much then but now that he's retiring and his legacy is set it's kind of cool to be able to say you got to watch a good player like that.

My dad has a nice picture on his Iphone of Griffey's SL65 Black Series, it''s pretty freakin sick!

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I remember years ago when my buddies and i were 12 or so waiting out side his house to get autographs. I bet he loved that. Every time he looked outside there were more kids there.

Great ball player but he should have hung up the cleats a few years ago. Just think if he didn't F up his wrist, and legs over the years. He would hold a few awesome records

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Classy guy, unlike alot of douches in baseball now like his teammate Milton Bradley and the Yankees A-rod. Too many self-centered egotistical assholes playing the game today, all they care about is the fat paycheck.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
The baseball world got cheated when he started getting injured.
I agree that he should have done this a little while ago but I am sure he has a great love for the game that he wanted to hold on.
I'm sure he'll be back as a coach somewhere.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
One of my favorite MLB players as well. He will be missed. If he wasn't injured, I wonder how many more HR's he would have.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i kinda lost a little respect for him after the middle finger incident while he was with the reds

mixxer

Established Member
The best clean player of the modern era. He started young continued to get better over time and then slower decreased and battled injuries as he got older. He didnt get better in his last 5 years like all the roid cheats.

Users who are viewing this thread