Kenne Bell 2.2L Burning Smell and Humming Noise

fhp89lx

SVT Pride
Established Member
****UPDATE ON POST #5****

This recently just happened when I notice at a red light I heard a humming sound or something similar when your power steering needs fluid. I also smelled something like it was burning. The humming is around the center to the rear of the blower.

I have a 2.2L with about 10K on it. I bought it back in 2005 (new). I don't abuse the car and I only drive it on the weekends and to car shows.

I know the humming sound is coming from the blower because I removed the belt and turned on the car again and of course, no sound. I checked the oil level and it was between the two lines.

When I removed the snout, you can still smell the burnt smell and it was especially also on the green piece from the pictures below. These pictures show how the piece looks like it's grinding inside. I also remembered a year ago some idiot used a air gun to tighten the pulley bolt. They had to replace the bolt and re-tighten the pulley again with the Kenne Bell tool. Did this cause some kind of damage to the snout or blower?

Why one year later this happens? Maybe it took some time for this problem to arise? Do any of you think this will cause the problem or the snout had gone bad?

Please pardon me for the crappy pic. yes, my camera sucks.

o7ordf.jpg

30w5hnd.jpg

wbcshy.jpg

nvsayp.jpg

Last edited:

venom04svt

Established Member
bro something is definantly wrong..something is eating into your coupler!!!!! There is another bolt inside the snout that ties everything together.. My buddies 2.2 had that bolt back off and started eating the coupler like that!!!

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Subscribing as I just have a 2.2 intalled myself about a week ago...no humming here...sorry OP...subscribing...
Did you ask KB?

fhp89lx

SVT Pride
Established Member
Subscribing as I just have a 2.2 intalled myself about a week ago...no humming here...sorry OP...subscribing...
Did you ask KB?

I've been trying to get a hold of KB. Anyways, I think this all started with the stupid people at a shop I took the car to. I saw one of the mechanics use an air gun to tighten the pully bolt back on. I ran out to them shouting all kinds of crap. I told them to use the KB tool I had.

All this was just over a year ago. Maybe now this symtoms are now showing.

fhp89lx

SVT Pride
Established Member
Well, Kenne Bell fix my snout because they found it was taking off before and the inside was really messed up.
I then installed the snout, fresh oil, and all and bought a new belt also. I started up the car and the noise was still there with the burning smell. Upon searching I found out it was the alternator. Like a dumb-ass, I went to Advance Auto parts and bought a new alternator and yes, I did not know these suck ass and they are 110amps. Anyways, the new alternator sounds like a turbo and when I WOT it smells like burnt.

Advance Auto will return my money back and give me back my original alternator back. I'm going to order one from Ford since I can get it at cost.

There you go, the problem all this time was the alternator. Bad smell, whistle sound, weird noise.

Thanks for all your help!!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Glad to hear...so to clarify...you took the snout off of the blower while it was on the car...sent it to KB, and they fixed it for a decent rate?

Users who are viewing this thread