Kenne Bell 2.6h hp numbers??

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Hey guys, I've been trying to search and just can't seem to find much info out there on the 2.6, everything is either 2.2 or 2.8,

So what are the normal hp numbers for a 2.6 on 93 pump gas, then say 23lbs on torco or 110?
Mods would be the following.
Accufab TB
JLT carbon fiber RAI
BBK off road x pipe
Magnaflow cat back
Plus a lot of little stuff

And of course fuel system, maf and tune

Looking into this because I may be able to get a great deal on one but I am very new to this blower so thank you for any and all info you can provide.

gabe1530

Banned
17-18 lbs on 93 could be in the range of 580-600.
23 lbs on torco/110 i would say high 600's, low 700's.

My96z

Established Member
599rwhp here 17psi @ 17* timing in Texas summer. Fuel pumps were maxed out @ 100% duty cycle.

From what I have read if people can hit mid-600's with the KB 2.2 and Whipple 2.3, the 2.6 shouldnt have a problem getting there either.

I just ordered Lethals budget fuel return system and a new intercooler pump as mine would run only when it wanted to. I will be posting new numbers after the install and new tune.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
What supporting mods did you have?

fairly basic set up. diablo mafia, accufab tb, 60 injectors, sct xcal2, spec stage 3+, spec flywheel, kb boost a pump.

still had stock fuel rails, lines, and pump. went from a ported eaton at 17psi that made 500/500 to a 2.6h kb with 18.5psi and made 635. that is the maxing out the fuel system. but never had a problem on the street, or the track. that 2.6h is a great blower.

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
fairly basic set up. diablo mafia, accufab tb, 60 injectors, sct xcal2, spec stage 3+, spec flywheel, kb boost a pump.

still had stock fuel rails, lines, and pump. went from a ported eaton at 17psi that made 500/500 to a 2.6h kb with 18.5psi and made 635. that is the maxing out the fuel system. but never had a problem on the street, or the track. that 2.6h is a great blower.

Good to hear. Did you ever have any oil/seal problems with the KB?

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
The 2.6 does make a Tiny bit more heat than a like 2.3whipple(based upon personal dyne/IAT observations), but given my experience with reliability/quality of kit, I'd take a KB any day of the week. I've had nothing but 100% success with install and reliability with the KB.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
The 2.6 does make a Tiny bit more heat than a like 2.3whipple(based upon personal dyne/IAT observations), but given my experience with reliability/quality of kit, I'd take a KB any day of the week. I've had nothing but 100% success with install and reliability with the KB.

How much boost were you running with your 2.6 when it exhibited slightly higher IAT2's when compared to a Whipple 2.3?

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
How much boost were you running with your 2.6 when it exhibited slightly higher IAT2's when compared to a Whipple 2.3?

It's usually pretty linear. Anywhere from 8-18 psi the temps were usually 15-20F higher.... The particular vehicle was an 03 cobra with 16 psi. One could attribute this increase to the additional air that is being compressed by the KB 2.6 vs. The 2.3 whipple. Some people have installed a whipple and had zero issues, I've had 3 installs on personal vehicles of mine using Whipple products so far, one with the site owner of SVTP on my 07 F150, which was an absolute debacle. Not to say whipple doesn't make a great product, just personal experience has made it sour.

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
It's usually pretty linear. Anywhere from 8-18 psi the temps were usually 15-20F higher.... The particular vehicle was an 03 cobra with 16 psi. One could attribute this increase to the additional air that is being compressed by the KB 2.6 vs. The 2.3 whipple. Some people have installed a whipple and had zero issues, I've had 3 installs on personal vehicles of mine using Whipple products so far, one with the site owner of SVTP on my 07 F150, which was an absolute debacle. Not to say whipple doesn't make a great product, just personal experience has made it sour.

Thanks for the info! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread