kenne bell anyone?

MYGT500

Established Member
I hope kenne-bell has plans to make a 2.6 blower for the GT500....I think 700 hp would be on tap at 14-15 lbs on 93 octane...i'd be one of the first to order!

californiacuda

Established Member
Whipple has been promising a blower upgrade also, it would be interesting if they both came out at about the same time and comparisons could be made.

bubbrubb

I think that the whipple unit is the 200ax, which I think is a 3.3L, so I don't know if that would help out in the pump gas, but with racing gas, damn, that would kill the 2.6L KB!

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i am sure kenne bell will have something, i sure hope so because i am not a fan of the whipple just because i love the whine from the kenne bell. that sound is unmistakable when i blows by you.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Boom!

That is all I am saying. And this in not my opinion.

-Jeff

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
If I could push a mostly stock '93 5.0 to over 600, I'd like to think the shelby with 14 years more of engineering could more than surpass that.

I guess we'll wait and see what the actual weak link will be.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Putting 600 down with a turbo is a different story. The blower will be robbing as much as 75-100hp peak. With a Turbo the GT500 could easily and safely see over 700 rwhp with the stock bottom end.

-Jeff

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Putting 600 down with a turbo is a different story. The blower will be robbing as much as 75-100hp peak. With a Turbo the GT500 could easily and safely see over 700 rwhp with the stock bottom end.

-Jeff
Good point... I forgot about that simple fact from back when I was convincing everyone the turbo was the ultimate power adder (I still firmly believe that).

bubbrubb

oh noes...
edit: ~$1000 for labor + rods, basically you ought to get a rebuild at this point anyway :bored:

dear ford,

if this is true, **** you.

Last edited by a moderator:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Whipple FRPP supercharger upgrade kit Looks to be done in concert with SVT. I wonder if this is what they had in mind all along and got shot at by the accountants. Judging by the cost of other kits it will cost about 4k. If one could get some kind of warrenty understanding with your dealer, 80-100 rwhp might be really worth it. Note that it is the 200ax compressor and includes a flash tuner with Fords blessing. That might make it worth the cost all by itself. Does anyone know if the GT had the same Silver Oak processor as the 500? Also I was wondering what the final say on the cams was. Did they come up with a special grind or go with the GT units? Thanks.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
JETSOLVER said:
Whipple FRPP supercharger upgrade kit Looks to be done in concert with SVT. I wonder if this is what they had in mind all along and got shot at by the accountants. Judging by the cost of other kits it will cost about 4k. If one could get some kind of warrenty understanding with your dealer, 80-100 rwhp might be really worth it. Note that it is the 200ax compressor and includes a flash tuner with Fords blessing. That might make it worth the cost all by itself. Does anyone know if the GT had the same Silver Oak processor as the 500? Also I was wondering what the final say on the cams was. Did they come up with a special grind or go with the GT units? Thanks.

First a 2.6L TS is going to be much better suited to a daily driver/weekend warrior car than the 3.3L. You would have to put such a large pulley on the 3.3L so it wouldn't make 30psi at redline, that it would kill bottom end.
My vote is still for GT cams, as the 03/04 sticks don't make sense (making peak HP at the same rpm on the much larger motor?) from what we've seen so far. I thought the GT used a different processor, but I'm not positive on that.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Is it true that there are snout to pulley proximity issues preventing the "slap a smaller pulley on it!" scenario??

It is the case on the Ford GT, and as a result Kenne Bell offers a billet snout kit which allows a smaller pulley on the exsisting blower.

Perhaps that will happen with this car too.

bubbrubb

Jimmysidecarr said:
Is it true that there are snout to pulley proximity issues preventing the "slap a smaller pulley on it!" scenario??

It is the case on the Ford GT, and as a result Kenne Bell offers a billet snout kit which allows a smaller pulley on the exsisting blower.

Perhaps that will happen with this car too.

Thats what I am imagining will need to take place, I sure hope that the price drops though, because it is $1600 for the Ford GT! at that price, I'd feel like an idiot not springing for a twinscrew, but then again that might prove to be a bad decision because of the 600rwhp 'glass celing' that the rods will supposedly provide

Users who are viewing this thread