Kenne Bell Boost Level Question

AA1_DELTA

Established Member
Hey Everybody I have a 98 Cobra over the winter and early spring I installed a ton of parts on the my Cobra. Biggest item was the Kenne Bell 2.1 Supercharger. Supporting mods include : BBK headers and x pipe, 90mm Lighting MAF, 60lb injectors with 255lph pump and external regulator, JLT intake, Snow Performance stage 2 methanol. Accufab throttle body.

My question is When going WOT I'm hitting 13lbs of boost. In the catalog from Kenne Bell it says around 9lbs should be expected. IM tuning my self and its running great, my AFR is fine no issues with fueling. I am just worried that for stock motor that's too much boost. Can I get your opinions on getting a bigger pully or just run it. Thanks

robvas

Established Member
What pulley sizes are you running now? (Blower pulley and crank pulley)

mlackke

Established Member
You need drop crank pulley (6.5") to Kenne Bell own 5.5", that should give you 7-8lbs boost

AA1_DELTA

Established Member
You need drop crank pulley (6.5") to Kenne Bell own 5.5", that should give you 7-8lbs boost
Installed the pulley that came with the Kit. It is a ASP 5in pulley. Now my boot is barley 5. Man the car is down on power lol. I bet safer but its totally different. Whats the recommended boost level with meth? can i get to 9-10?

mlackke

Established Member
Some good tuner will have better answer, but personally with stock internals and meth, i would not exceed 10psi.

Ps. Some quote i once heard, if you are hunting always more hp, in the end you end up zero.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I'm currently waiting on a guy to pull his KB2.1 setup so I can buy it from him and I've always read that the pulleys that come with it create 5-6psi lol. That's why you can get by without any fuel upgrades with the stock stuff. I, also, wouldn't want 13 psi on stock motor lol. I'll be keeping tabs on this.

Serfma

Established Member
Glad I read this thread. I was about to throw the stock crank pulley back on as the KB guys said it'd be about 10psi of boost.. jesus christ.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
lol and I’m over here with a 2.25 inch upper and 6.5 lower barely pushing 14psi…….I’ll trade you my OG 1.5 for your 2.1 lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread