Kenne Bell Mammoth 2.8LC. Pullies for 22-23lbs?+what MAF

FastNick01

Established Member
Posted in KB tech with not much luck, figured I'd get more responses from this section.
I am looking to purchase a mammoth 2.8LC kit in the near future and currently have a ported eaton 2.9/6lb lower. I would like to keep the 6lb lower and run high boost 22-23lbs with the Kenne bell.

would a 3.75 pulley be suited with the 6lb lower for around 23lbs or would a 3.5/6lb combo be better suited for my goals. Looking to make low to mid 700rwhp

2003 Cobra, stock shortblock, stock heads/cams, LT's running on E85 with plenty of cooling mods. All DIV x idlers, snub etc.. Also 6lb lower is a metco unit if that helps.

Also, I have a BA3000 maf, am I able to use that with the kit, if not what can I use, Ive heard the BA3000 doesn't fit.
Thank you

rudycobra

Established Member
I just got dynoed with 2.8 behemoth and made 22 psi with 2 lb lower and 3.5 upper . I'd think 6 is gonna put u way to much . I don't think 3.75 fits with stock good but may b wrong . If have metco y not try 4 or 2 lb ? Wen I went get tuned I brought stock size and 4 lb pulley with me invade needed adjust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Strike

Established Member
I made 22.5# on the regular intake with the same set up as directly above - 3.5" upper and 2# lower. I also have a 3.75" and 4" upper that both fit/run under the hood blanket (not by much).

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
3.25/2 makes about 23psi on mine 3.24/4 makes 25-27psi

General rule of thumb is that for every .25" of pulley diameter you have = 2 psi.

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
WOW thats crazy i have a 3.75/4lb only making 20.3lb @ peak boost, and it drops to 19.9lbs stock long block. and my combo did not fit under hood it rubbed so we put spacers on top of k-member. thats really interesting

Quick Strike

Established Member
WOW thats crazy i have a 3.75/4lb only making 20.3lb @ peak boost, and it drops to 19.9lbs stock long block. and my combo did not fit under hood it rubbed so we put spacers on top of k-member. thats really interesting

I have the poly engine mounts, but I thought those set the engine higher if anything. I was very surprised the 4" pulley fit. I don't use it now as it requires a belt change as well as the pulley. It is too much trouble just to add less boost.

FastNick01

Established Member
Thanks for the responses, I Wanted to stick with the 6lb lower so I didn't have to buy a new lower and purchase/change the alt pulley again. Judging by Kenne bells site on boost/pullies etc.. a 3.75 only would give 17lbs, so I'm guessing +6 would make 23lbs. Don't know if the boost was with LT's though.

Anyone else have any info or know who is running a similar setup that I could pm. Thanks

dsm2cobra

Established Member
I just purchased a polished mammoth LC and am currently installing it on the car. I bought it with a 3.5 pulley to run with the stock lower. Think I am going to order up a 3.25 pulley as well in case I can get away with ~20-21psi on 93 octane. I have SW long tubes.

In terms of the MAF, the 4.5" intake tube uses the stock MAF, think I am getting a Diablo Sport MAFia.

dsm2cobra

Established Member
not to jack this thread up but will NGK TR6 plugs be sufficient for the 2.8H or should I switch to something else?

FastNick01

Established Member
Bump, someone has to know or have an idea come on guys and gals.

Judging from the above posts a 3.75/6lb lower combo would net 23lbs I'm guessing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread