Kenne Bell

scotto

Established Member
Okay I'm looking into buying a KB, but before I do I want to make sure that I get everything that I need for it to be safe and to run well.

My goal is to have between 500 and 525 RWHP

I already have exhaust and a CAI and the predator

If you guys could list parts that I would need to achieve this it would be much appreciated. Also what boost level I would have to be at for the horsepower that I want.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by scotto
Okay I'm looking into buying a KB, but before I do I want to make sure that I get everything that I need for it to be safe and to run well.

My goal is to have between 500 and 525 RWHP

I already have exhaust and a CAI and the predator

If you guys could list parts that I would need to achieve this it would be much appreciated. Also what boost level I would have to be at for the horsepower that I want.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
If thats all you're looking for you should get the Apten with a 3.10 upper and a 6 lb lower. and you'll be over 500/500.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I think you could get 500rwhp+ with 14#'s on a KB. Hell, you might even be ok with the stock injectors. You are going to want an X pipe and catback, since you don't have those already. For a list of parts I would say:

Kenne Bell
Throttle Body
Tune
Injectors??
BAP??

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
is the throttle body a must???

also how do you recalibrate the new injectors to your stock mass air? Or how do you deal with that?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
if money isnt an issue, which it isnt with most 03 owners get the KB.

If your like me and money is a problem, get an apten with a good tune and supporting mods and you will make 500/500

sn8kbite

Established Member
I have been reading that some individuals who have installed the ported eatons have actually lost power according to their dyno pulls.:shrug:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I got 456rwhp with a KB and the stock 9spi pulley and no tune at all. With a solid tune I bet I would have been 475ish. 11-13psi should get you in the low 500's easy with a good tune. At that level a TB will make little difference on actual HP numbers but will greatly improve throttle response so weather or not you get one is up to you. The BAP likely isnt neeed at that level but I would recommend it anyway. You also shouldnt need larger injectors and should be able to simply run their chip. If you have a competent AND experienced tuner in your area you can opt for someone elses chip.

Either way, make sure to check A/F after its installed.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
i wouldnt say that the apten is going to get you over 500/500 cause i thought so and others on this board thought so and didnt achieve that goal, in my case tq stayed the same at 468 and 490 for hp. these are uncorrected #s too. disapointed that i didnt get the 500 SAE that alot of people say they get but happy i got more HP.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
11psi will get you 500. Click on my dynosheet in my sig. Those numbers are for 11 and 15psi. That's with a email tune from diablo.

I'm doing a custom tune for 11,13,15, and 17psi soon. Better numbers to follow.

Last edited:

scotto

Established Member
Thanks everyone for all your input and help. If anyone has anything else to add just keep it coming.

Wildcat

Established Member
I just had mine done and with 14 lb it turns 549rwh with 11.5 AFR. Check the mods listed but I really saw a significant difference in throttle resaponse when I added the throttle body/plenum.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
how is the drivability with 11+ psi? as a krank with rapidly greying hair, drivability means as much to me as straight up power, if not more. goin fast is easy. goin slowly with a ton of hp can be quite a challenge sometimes. any issues?

standing at the edge of a slippery slope

Users who are viewing this thread