Kenne Bell'd Mach 1

blackbeast99

Mach'N it up
Established Member
Well, it is finished for now (1.7 non-intercooled)...no pics or videos yet. We put in less timing than KB suggest to be safer non-intercooled, so the numbers are a little lower than what they advertised...I will be getting the intercooler soon. As of right now with the 3.25 pulley we are netting ~8psi and a little more right before redline. The numbers thus far are 400/338. That was as safe as Tim@MPH felt comfortable with and having my engine last is much more important than having xxxhp and xxxtq to me. The numbers are around what I expected and the car feels amazing. It's nice to have that much power instantly with our lighter cars (compared to 03 cobras). Having my 4.10's really help as well and they are not too much "gear" for the Kenne Bell at all. I will let you guys know of any future updates...

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Nice, congratulations.:beer: I'm not an expert but the torque is way down. Like you said we will wait for the intercooler and new tune to see what that puppy can do.:beer:

Fosters

Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
I'm pretty suprised that the torque figures are only 338. The KB is a torque monster. Do you have a dyno sheet to share?

ditto, some people make that torque naturally aspirated... my guess is the intake temps without the intercooler are at fault.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
we just did one with a S-trim and it put down 530rwhp on 9.5lbs...we think the dyno wasnt calibrated right, so we're gonna get a second opinion...

blackbeast99

Mach'N it up
Established Member
I do have the dyno sheet, just haven't posted it yet. What do you guys think about methanol injection instead of the intercooler?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice setup and good hp numbers but I agree that the torque is a bit low. I would suspect it is due to the safe tune. How much timing?

10thsvtcobra

Established Member
blackbeast99 said:
I do have the dyno sheet, just haven't posted it yet. What do you guys think about methanol injection instead of the intercooler?
I would stick with an intercooler, plus Tim isn't a big fan of the meth injection.

blackbeast99

Mach'N it up
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Nice setup and good hp numbers but I agree that the torque is a bit low. I would suspect it is due to the safe tune. How much timing?
Don't really know if Tim would like for me to say the exact figure...???...but less than 17, Kenne Bell suggests more.

Users who are viewing this thread