Key Mod

TexasShelby

Established Member
I went with a key-less push button start and I love it. Coordinated it with the Viper SmartStart system.

So this is essentially a prox system, is it remote start as well?

What Viper system is it?

Does anyone have a remote start on the their GT500? What system did you use?

Anyone I've talked to about a prox or remote start says the OEM alarm can not be removed so you would have to have two FOBs, which is stupid...

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
You can't bypass the factory system and use the Clifford or viper remote as your standard fob?

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
So this is essentially a prox system, is it remote start as well?

What Viper system is it?

Does anyone have a remote start on the their GT500? What system did you use?

Anyone I've talked to about a prox or remote start says the OEM alarm can not be removed so you would have to have two FOBs, which is stupid...

chip from key added to push button start relay system (I think we put an entire key inside the dash so as not to break it)...

yes--remote start (phone or fob)

Viper 5904 with SmartStart and some other modules (like proximity, glass break, etc)

I don't need a key at all. The ignition and steering wheel lock have been removed with a black plastic plug inserted in the hole---looks OEM...

If the alarm is triggered or bypassed- the push start won't activate...

here is part of the custom electronics put together to make it work the way I wanted:

IMG_0245.jpg

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Ha I just had the smart start, 5901 and GPS transponder installed today...

Not a fan of push starts though.....

Still trying to see how the GPS thing works

TexasShelby

Established Member
chip from key added to push button start relay system (I think we put an entire key inside the dash so as not to break it)...

yes--remote start (phone or fob)

Viper 5904 with SmartStart and some other modules (like proximity, glass break, etc)

I don't need a key at all. The ignition and steering wheel lock have been removed with a black plastic plug inserted in the hole---looks OEM...

If the alarm is triggered or bypassed- the push start won't activate...

here is part of the custom electronics put together to make it work the way I wanted:

IMG_0245.jpg

Could I have my tech call you if I pull the trigger on this?

SSThunder

Established Member
When I was looking for some of these keyless starts, some of them required that you leave a key in the ignition on the run position. And some said to just put it in run and break the key off. Lol not really my style. Here is one I like. I don't feel like dropping this much money on it though.

Keyless Ignition RFID Push Button Start systems

Anybody using one of these on a stock car?

SSThunder

Established Member
When they say you need your second fob they mean both sets of factory keys

Ok, got both. The push button start looks pretty cool and to have a sensor that unlocks/locks the door when I approach/leave the car would be great. What about the steering wheel lock. How does that get disengaged?

Users who are viewing this thread