Keys hit knee when diriving

UOP Shadow

Established Member
I had some switchblade keys made. Fits better in pocket when folded. All other keys are on separate keyring.

BlownAway03

Established Member
The absence of push button start really aggravated me when I went from my C6Z to the Shelby. Ford should've stepped up their game in the ignition department on the Shelby.

LoneStarShelby

Established Member
Me too

I thought it was just me. I'm 6' 1", so I'm probably the same or similar height as most of you out there. I really dislike the key position on the steering column; seems like it was just an oversight by the Ford engineers. It sucks being in constant peril of becoming a knee replacement candidate especially if a rearend type of wreck were to occur. I only have the car key on a lanyard, but it is still irritating for me. I also wish Ford would have blessed us with a push-button ignition. Oh well. Cheers!

OaktownACE

Established Member
I had some switchblade keys made. Fits better in pocket when folded. All other keys are on separate keyring.

I was thinking about doing that. How much was it and who did it for you? I have this kind of key on my Range Rover and it's much nicer in my pocket.

99VERT

Established Member
Had the same problem and went to a single key with a nice key chain!

570C48E8-3BF3-48F3-BC75-243E189CD58A_zpsevmjuc0k.jpg

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I was thinking about doing that. How much was it and who did it for you? I have this kind of key on my Range Rover and it's much nicer in my pocket.
Flip keys are available through eBay for ~$19.
Having it VIN cut by a Ford dealer will vary in price, but mine cost ~$10.
Ford emblems are also available through eBay for ~$25. (Have yet to find an SVT emblem.)

My key included programming instructions, which are also located on pp 70-71 of the Mustang Owner's Manual (3rd Printing).

Users who are viewing this thread