Killed C5 Vett last night

RedFire2003

Established Member
:D Was at the local meeting spot here alst night when I started talking to a guy that had a 99 C5 Vett. I asked him bout the car what he had done if he had run any 03 Cobra's and what not. He told me that he had raced a Cobra and killed him buy like 20 car lengths.(trying not to laugh) I asked him if he wanted to run and told him that the guy he raced probly couldnt drive the car. He accepted and we jumped on the freeway he came next to me and we went from a 40 roll as soon as we started I started pulling away and just steadily kept walking untill I decided to slow down around 130 or so. We then went again from a 30 roll and I killed him. We stopped at a gas stationafter and talked and learned he has exhaust/ram air/chip and a few other bolt ons. He was a very nice guy we talked for awhile and headed our seperate ways.
We can now say that he has a new found respect for the 03 Cobra's.;-)

Supra_GS4

Established Member
When he said he raced a cobra and beat it by 20 cars, did he mean an 03?? Just wondering, btw nice kill.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
He must've misunderstood your question...:beer:

I, too, raced a C5 vert with intake, headers, full exhaust and who-knows-what-else. He conceded that I clearly had the faster car...:-D

wuplash

Established Member
nice representation of the 03.i bet he will think twice next time he comes across a 03 cobra:-D

DarkCobra

Established Member
That figures! Too bad you didn't run into him when we were out on Friday. I would have loved to see that. That and maybe I could have added a C5 to my kill list too!:beer:

bd2bonez06

Established Member
Originally posted by Rearpl8tsinsite
That is what I was thinking.

Nice Kill!

Sounds like a sweet ride Bd2bone! How do you like the nx kit?
I love mine!

thanks man I love the NX kit. I really like the remote bottle opener

cscollis

Established Member
Nice run. I was at the track sunday and a 03 ran 11.98 at 115 on street tires and stock shifter. Man was I impressed. Ennis was preped awesome and the guy could drive. I wanted to race him but there were 2 many cars. From a roll he would have inched away from me!

Users who are viewing this thread