Killer chiller or custom rear tank setup?? Need help!! Come in!

keith89

Established Member
Haha yeah that sounds all to familiar. I aborted the conversation halfway through myself. It just got stupid when his responses are basically you're an idiot and don't understand and of course his claims are so outlandish its hardly plausible.

Knock on wood I've never had a problem with boost leaking by the orings on the factory setup and I ran 30 PSI of boost. Of course I'm in and out of my setup frequently and when ever there I put in a fresh setup of orings so that probably helps.

I realized I had a boost leak when it started spraying out the hose connection to the heat exhchanger under boost. I have a trunk mounted intercooler, so all that fluid length, the pressure finds the weakest link. I was already running 3/4" hose so instead of replacing the o-rings, I decided to just remove the issue and have proper 3/4" ports to the intercooler. It also removes those o-ring tubes complete. The other guy's setup uses larger tubes(still smaller diameter than having no tubes). But yeah the percentages he was spewing out were outrageously high.

Users who are viewing this thread