Killer Chiller Questions

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Hey everyone, I was curious if anyone had some pros and cons with the killer chiller? I been thinking about getting one, but was hesitant. They seem a little overpriced IMO. I heard of people making home made versions also. Just trying to get a feel for them. I couldn't find many videos on them either.

Thanks guys and gals

GodStang

Established Member
There is a lot out there on them. The people that have them love them and the people that have no experience with them hate them. The principle is sound. It is not magic. I plan to do my own since the setup I am running will be different than what the original KC is designed for. Just depends on your goals as to if it is worth it for you. Some find an ice box cheaper and easier to maintain but you have to keep adding ice.

cj428mach

Established Member
If you want to buy one I'd look at buying one from another member, or a place like Lethal Performance if they still carry them. Lately there have been some threads about people not receiving what they paid, and not being able to get a hold of Kincaid Performance (Maker of the KC).

MG0h3

Established Member
Ive had one sitting on my shelf for about 1 year and half now. I literally will not drive my car in the summer months so Im not sure if I would really benefit from it..any thoughts? Basically if I need to turn the AC on, I wont drive the cobra and just take my beater.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
If you want to buy one I'd look at buying one from another member, or a place like Lethal Performance if they still carry them. Lately there have been some threads about people not receiving what they paid, and not being able to get a hold of Kincaid Performance (Maker of the KC).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Ive had one sitting on my shelf for about 1 year and half now. I literally will not drive my car in the summer months so Im not sure if I would really benefit from it..any thoughts? Basically if I need to turn the AC on, I wont drive the cobra and just take my beater.

I am putting one in my CTS-V (it's sitting on my shelf as well right now). A huge advantage is that you don't have to wait x amount of time in between runs, it cools IAT2's down in a matter of minutes, as soon as you are done your run, come back down the return road, and you can race again. And there is no messing with ice.

With my Cobra, which will be trailered to the track, I am running an ice box. I might switch to a killer chiller down the road though.

99FiveOh

Established Member

It's a good thing you don't live in Florida, you'd have to sell the car because you need A/C here year round.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member

Do you want to sell it? I feel the same way sometimes. These cars run really hot so if I gotta put my windows down, I'm miserable. So I just say screw it like you said also lol

MG0h3

Established Member
Do you want to sell it? I feel the same way sometimes. These cars run really hot so if I gotta put my windows down, I'm miserable. So I just say screw it like you said also lol

Ha! The only time I drive my car is with the windows down.

Ive def. thought about selling it for the reason stated; Im sure it would still help but how much in 70 and below temps I dont know.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Ha! The only time I drive my car is with the windows down.

Ive def. thought about selling it for the reason stated; Im sure it would still help but how much in 70 and below temps I dont know.

Well if you decide to sell it lmk. I live in Indiana so the summer months are hot as balls and the winter months are cold as balls. But I would love to have one so I can cruise around and keep my temps below 100*. I would buy one new but my god they charge a arm and leg. 700 is insane IMO. Lol

bubblehead93

Established Member
if you get the drag version, you can bypass the evaporator with a solenoid valve so you don't drip water on the track... and yes at wot it disables the ac clutch though you can mess with this in the tune...

r/
Andy

MalcolmV8

Established Member
My main reason for having one was to eliminate the one pull wonder effect these cars have. After one good WOT run through the gears you're heat soaked and IAT2s are through the roof. Subsequent runs and now your buddies that were hanging right there with you are pulling away from you. It sucks.

With the killer chiller it pulls temps right back down quickly and you're not just a one pull wonder anymore as I like to call it lol.

In normal cruising it's cooling all the time too and as soon as you nail it you get a nice cool charge. It takes away the constant heat soak problems where the car's constantly pulling timing and not performing like when you first got it out that day.

Cons would be that heat has to go somewhere. It dumps the heat into the a/c condenser in front of your radiator so make sure your cooling system is up to snuff because coolant temps will go up a bit.
Cabin temps can be affected too. How much depends on how hard the a/c system is working, how big a blower, how much heat its making and of course how hot is it outside?

stangfreak

Established Member
My tuner always told me since day one. The PD blowers are good at the track. one pass thats it. If you want to run, drive to your spot, no bs, and run. That is why I get a kick at the guys who run a 2.76 upper 4lb or 6lb lower on a eaton. Your killing yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread