Kincaid Killer chiller is it worth it?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I just completed the install of my Revan Racing heat exchanger yesterday, and I know it gets the job done good enough for my use of the car. I data logged the ECT and IAT2 temps, and this is what I experienced.

Ambient temperature 78*F

Start up car, allow to idle for 20 minutes:

ECT: Fluctuates slowly between 198-202*F (radiator fan trigger is 202*F)
IAT (Hood open) : 82*F
IAT (Hood closed) : 138*F

Drive around the neighborhood - average of 20 mph - never exceeding 25 mph

ECT: Hovered around 196*F
IAT (hood closed): Dropped from the hot 138*F very rapidly to 90*F in less than 10 seconds. Before I made 1 block, the temp was even lower at 82*F. After 2 minutes of driving, the IAT temp was 78*F (same as ambient).

The OEM heat exchanger took forever to remove heat soak.

Stopped to see how long it would take to heat soak again

IAT (hood closed): Took 4.5 minutes to achieve 130*F again. I was tired of waiting, so I began driving again at 20 mpg to see how long to cool down. Watching the timer on the SCT, in only 2 minutes temps were right back to 78*F (ambient temp) again. I opened up the reservoir so I could feel the temperature of the fluid, and it was cool.

I have to say, it does what it's supposed to do. Since this is a Florida car, and it's spring time, I only used water and Red Line water wetter (no anti-freeze).

IMG_0470.jpg

my livewire datalogger, showing IAT2 (DS_ACT on livewire) temps at 89 degrees, if you also look at the timestamp the car had been running for 1327 seconds, which is just over 22 minutes, so this was not just some cold startup.

the temp outside was just above 70 degrees. also with the a/c on inside the cab the fluid temps rose to 60 degrees which is still awesome.

i dont' think anyone can reproduce these results with a fan setup and especially after idling for 22 for minutes

Was the 89*F with the hood open, or hood closed?

Last edited:

V8Flexin

Established Member
I just completed the install of my Revan Racing heat exchanger yesterday, and I know it gets the job done good enough for my use of the car. I data logged the ECT and IAT2 temps, and this is what I experienced.

Ambient temperature 78*F

Start up car, allow to idle for 20 minutes:

IAT (Hood open) : 82*F
IAT (Hood closed) : 138*F

Drive around the neighborhood - average of 20 mph - never exceeding 25 mph

ECT: Hovered around 196*F
IAT (hood closed): Dropped from the hot 138*F very rapidly to 90*F in less than 10 seconds. Before I made 1 block, the temp was even lower at 82*F. After 2 minutes of driving, the IAT temp was 78*F (same as ambient).

The OEM heat exchanger took forever to remove heat soak.

Stopped to see how long it would take to heat soak again

IAT (hood closed): Took 4.5 minutes to achieve 130*F again. I was tired of waiting, so I began driving again at 20 mpg to see how long to cool down. Watching the timer on the SCT, in only 2 minutes temps were right back to 78*F (ambient temp) again. I opened up the reservoir so I could feel the temperature of the fluid, and it was cool.

I have to say, it does what it's supposed to do. Since this is a Florida car, and it's spring time, I only used water and Red Line water wetter (no anti-freeze).

Was the 89*F with the hood open, or hood closed?
I know this is a very old post but you're confusing IAT1 (filter intake) temp with IAT2 (post intercooler) temp. He was posting his intercooler temps and you are showing intake temp.

I wish I could find concrete information comparing high quality HE vs Killer chiller.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I know this is a very old post but you're confusing IAT1 (filter intake) temp with IAT2 (post intercooler) temp. He was posting his intercooler temps and you are showing intake temp.

I wish I could find concrete information comparing high quality HE vs Killer chiller.

No, I was monitoring IAT2 temps, post supercharger intercooler.

Slippery Nut

Established Member
Open vs closed hood at a stand still would not affect IAT 2 temps that drastically. Your temps fall right in line with IAT 1 temps though.
Even with air intake from inside the fender, hot air in a closed engine compartment while not moving will most definitely affect IAT1. I have the factory airbox on my car and my temps will rise to over 100 sitting inside a 75 degree garage. With the KC charge temps average 12-15 degrees cooler than IAT1 while idling.

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread