Kodi on Amazon Fire TV

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I picked up an Amazon Fire TV box yesterday and got Kodi installed on it. So far I have Exodus and Phoenix on it. What other add-ons should I install?

I tried to find the Sunday Night Football game on Phoenix last night and when I would click on the different links nothing happened. What am I missing?

Any tips, tricks or other advice on what to do with this would be great.

We sold our house and moved in with my mom and we don't have any paid tv services for our tv so this is going to be a "cut the cord" experiment.

Thanks!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Sportsdevil is the best for sports or any type of event. Just remember, a lot of these streams will be SD only with buffering. There are other services that will give you HD streams but you need to pay for them.

For SNF and other local ones, why not just get an antenna?

Not sure the reason for paid services but you can also get PS Vue for streaming devices. With local channels, its starts off at $40 a month, thats what I have and it also includes ESPN.

Last edited:

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I was thinking about getting an antenna, but haven't looked into it yet.

The paid services is my mom doesn't have an extra Dish box. I got an error on the psvue app on Roku, but haven't tried it with Amazon Fire. Now that the move is done I'll have more time to mess with it.

I'll get sports devil and check it out.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

The paid services is my mom doesn't have an extra Dish box. I got an error on the psvue app on Roku, but haven't tried it with Amazon Fire. Now that the move is done I'll have more time to mess with it.

Well not sure if you can subscribe thru Roku or Amazon fire. I have Roku devices around my house and work great but I had done the registration thru my PS4. Amazon Fire TV is a better way to go since they have the guide and they are finally updating to be 1080P 60FPS.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you do a google search on chord cutting/antennas there are some sites that let you put in your address and itll show you how far away the towers are and what channels you can get then pick an antenna based on that. For me the Mohu Leaf Metro for $20 on Amazon works fine.

Blown 89

Established Member
Go here, find out what your requirements are and go from there:
https://www.antennaweb.org/

The reality is that any antenna will do if you have decent signal. Personally, I skipped those $40 flat antennas and got a Channelmaster antenna and put it in the attic. Your first option should be mounting a real antenna on the roof, second option is hanging something in the attic, a last ditch option would be one of those fancy indoor antennas IMO.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

You can't sign up on the roku. I used the web browser on my phone to sign up, then logged in on our roku and fire tv stick and it works fine. The phone apps work fine, as well. My wife wanted some kind of dvr service, so thats why we went with ps vue, for now. We also can't use an antennae in our area.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member

The local Best Buy has one, might pick it up on the way home.

Go here, find out what your requirements are and go from there:
https://www.antennaweb.org/

The reality is that any antenna will do if you have decent signal. Personally, I skipped those $40 flat antennas and got a Channelmaster antenna and put it in the attic. Your first option should be mounting a real antenna on the roof, second option is hanging something in the attic, a last ditch option would be one of those fancy indoor antennas IMO.

I'll remember that when we get the next house. The wife would likely prefer something in the attack. Small indoor is the only option while at my mom's house.

You can't sign up on the roku. I used the web browser on my phone to sign up, then logged in on our roku and fire tv stick and it works fine. The phone apps work fine, as well. My wife wanted some kind of dvr service, so thats why we went with ps vue, for now. We also can't use an antennae in our area.

I'll give this a try before I call the number it's telling me to call.

Sportsdevil is the best for sports or any type of event. Just remember, a lot of these streams will be SD only with buffering. There are other services that will give you HD streams but you need to pay for them.

Does this only apply to sports or all tv shows and movies?

Last edited:

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
1Channel, Genesis, Showbox, Decado Documentaries, Navi-X, Yify.
How is the Amazon Fire TV with Kodi interface?
I'm using the Nvidia Shield TV, and it's amazingly quick.

Last edited:

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
The SHIELD TV is a beast:
I only use it for Kodi, YouTube and game emulation (NES, SNES, N-64, Arcade).

Shield_zpsjwtmapx2.gif

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
I use prosport addon for all nfl games and redzone. This past sunday, there were no less than 10 streams available for each game. They also keep an archive of all games played this year, so if you wanna watch a game you missed, it's right there.
a7c89bcb0ecbbb48f0676a8ea36981c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Does this only apply to sports or all tv shows and movies?
Well depends who you stream it from. Sportsdevil is usually SD with random buffers. Phoenix, 1channel, Navi-X, etc are usually pretty good and more reliable but those mostly carry shows or movies, Sportsdevil is the better one for live sports.
I find the Fire tv stick to be agonizingly slow.
Fire TV and Fire Stick are two different devices. Fire Stick is a slow crappy device, Fire TV is very fast and smooth.
The 2nd gen Fire stick looks to be almost as fast as a Fire TV.
What add-ons do you guys use for NFL games? I couldn't get Castaway or Sports Devil to stream any yesterday.
I use Sportsaccess. Its a paid one but well worth it IMO. I pay like $25-$30 for 4 months I believe? and covers almost any sport you can think of and PPV events in HD.

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Fire TV and Fire Stick are two different devices. Fire Stick is a slow crappy device, Fire TV is very fast and smooth.
The 2nd gen Fire stick looks to be almost as fast as a Fire TV.

Ya, I sort of like the interface, but I sort of regret buying it due to how slow it is. Our old roku is a fairly snappy device, I had expected the fire tv stick to at least be similar. With this you push a button and wait 15-20 seconds for it to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread