KOOKS Headers on an 03????

are the gains worth the trouble as far as power & sound?

• hell yeah!!

Votes: 215 74.1%
  • hell no!!

Votes: 75 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King03Cobra

Established Member
mjtpolice76 said:
Will longtubes scrape if your car is lowered?

I looked into that and even inquired with JDM what they would recommend. They said they didn't know anyone at the time up there that had LT's and lowered. But if you were to do it they said don't go any lower than an 1". I opted not to do it.

schropper

Established Member
I've been thinking of buying them and just talked with JDM Tuesday. Headers and catted H pipe shipped out west would be around $1330.00

MightyMo

Established Member
Great info guys.. Keep it coming..

Just dyno'd at 522 RWHP/ 536 torque SAE, now its time to let the car breathe down below.

I'm looking at long tubes and trying to make up my mind too.

Has anyone installed Hookers or know anything about their products? Kooks seems to be where its at.

Last edited:

2003 Silver

Banned
I looking very hard at getting JBA shorties........say they put out same numbers as longtubes. :beer:

King03Cobra

Established Member
If you look at the stock headers that our cars come with, they look just like a shorty. I don't see how that is going to compare with a LT ????

grnenvy

Established Member
lolol

The manifolds don't look anything like the shorty header from JBA. I'm also interested in the shorty's but may get the mid length's. I found the shorties for $530 with free shipping. Does anyone know who has the mid lengths at the best price.

2003 Silver

Banned
grnenvy said:
The manifolds don't look anything like the shorty header from JBA. I'm also interested in the shorty's but may get the mid length's. I found the shorties for $530 with free shipping. Does anyone know who has the mid lengths at the best price.

RPM Outlet $549 + 10% off and free shipping....comes in @ $496.00.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
svtcobra2k1 said:
I'm tellin you guys get the kooks long tubes. I have them and I have no regrets. They have an awsome sound!!

but what kind of power do they make?

03-LS1

I have the KOOKS and love them, I am also lowered and rarely scrape. The headers were one of the first mods I did and I do not regret it at all. Never got a before and after dyno result but when I pullied it and ported the blower the result was 519 at the rear and I am running hi-flow cats also.

SJ-KY

Established Member
I just installed a set of 1 5/8 Stainless Works Long Tubes w/3in collectors and their 3in exhaust. I made 479rwhp 493rwtq before stock manifolds 2 1/2 X-Pipe, Borla Stingers and stock unported blower. Im gonna dyno next week w/the new exhaust before I put on the ported blower. I'll let you guys know what happens.

golstho

Established Member
i installed mine myself..yes they will go in with the k member in the car but i dropped it out anyway. it is not that hard to drop and the time you spend taking it out will just about equal the the extra time it will take to tighten the nuts up with the k member in the car. plus nothing sucks moore than doing all that work just to crank the car and they leak. my steering shaft worked fine. be sure to purchase so o2 extenders or be prepared to extend them yourself like i had to do. mine are loud but they sound sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread