Kook's LT's?

Silver 03 Cobra

Since I have a little free time on my hands, I'm thinking about ditching my JBA headers for a set of Kook's long tubes.

How is the fitment especially around the k-member?

Do all the runners exit out the back of the k-member and none wrapping around it?

Do the runners require any massaging like dinging in an area for clearance?

Will a BBK h-pipe bolt up to the Kooks between a standard catback like Bassani?

Thanks.

hj16

Established Member
Its a tight fit.

They dont wrap around the K-member, and I didnt have to do any massaging or dinging on mine to get them in.

As you probably know from your shorty install, dropping the K-member for install makes life 10X easier.

The only real PITA part about the install (with the K-member in anyways) was getting the starter on while still being able to put the last primary on.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I didnt have to remove the starter on my LT install
Just follow JDM's cheat sheet. Call them and they will give you the order to put them in without have to remove the starter. Saves a lot of time and makes the whole thing a lot easier. Good Luck. Black03

Silver 03 Cobra

Thanks. I guess my only remaining question now is the mid pipe.

I've done five Cobra header installs and I will drop the KM as I did on all the others. It just isn't worth the aggravation working around it. Just like removing the starter motor, with the KM off you don't need to remove it. I believe you when you say you don't have to remove it but I like all the room I can get. Witht he KM off, there isn't a single fastener hard to get to. I've seen post where people say it takes them up to 20 hours working around the KM. I can do an install removing the KM in nine hours including installing a new catback at the same time. Plus, I have never had a leak problem or cross threaded studs/bolts. When you have to use an 8 mm box end wrench cut down to 1.5 inches, you have to wonder how much torque you can get on a fastener when you can barely touch it with one or two fingers when working around the KM.

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just think. All of the installation issues will be forgotten once you light it up and hear the sweet music those Kooks will sing. Good luck!

Steel City

Banned
regardless of which header you install none are easy and the k-member should be removed to make things as easy as possible. it' not a lot more work and everything can be done by your self.

Silver 03 Cobra

Originally posted by CobraBob
Just think. All of the installation issues will be forgotten once you light it up and hear the sweet music those Kooks will sing. Good luck!

Yeah, LT's are hard to beat. I think I'll dump my Bassani catback for a Magnaflow with the rectangular mufflers. I don't like the round Magnaflows but the flat ones sound damn good. They have a mean sounding note.

ToxicByte

Established Member
Silver03Snake: What's going on? I've tried calling you several times... Haven't heard from you since the beach. Hope all is going well. I thought I saw you cruising up hwy 127 around 8:30pm Sunday night.

Later

Users who are viewing this thread