Kurgan Dyno Tune - Happy Customer 03 Cobra TVS 2.8" Pulley

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
Fwiw, I was seeing 20# with a 2.8 no headers o/r X on 93 and Kurgan tunes me as well.

625/589

Good numbers. I could be seeing 20 PSI. Boost doesn't really matter what it is. It is what it is. Do you know how much timing is in your tune? I would assume the same. Every car is different and every day is different. It was a super hot day on the dyno last week. I can definitely tell the car feels much faster than it did on the previous tune that made 601rwhp and 560RWT. 4HP and 10 ft/lb of torque usually isn't a huge difference you can feel.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Good numbers. I could be seeing 20 PSI. Boost doesn't really matter what it is. It is what it is. Do you know how much timing is in your tune? I would assume the same. Every car is different and every day is different. It was a super hot day on the dyno last week. I can definitely tell the car feels much faster than it did on the previous tune that made 601rwhp and 560RWT. 4HP and 10 ft/lb of torque usually isn't a huge difference you can feel.

No, I get what your saying. I was just throwing it up to answer some others and their questions is all. Never asked him what timing

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I stepped down to a 3" for pump gas and have a pump+additive tune for the 2.8". My tuner said he could make the 3" safe on pump with lower timing, but would rather make the same power with less boost.
I made between 585-607 power with each pull depending on cool down and around 540-550 torque. It seems with 3.00'' will get you to 600 but the torque numbers will be lower. I'm fine with my set up and gonna do a 4# lower with the 3" when I go e85 and full return.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Nice! Enjoy!

Now hurry and get her on that E85 setup and 140 IAT2s wont be near as problematic as they are right now for you....you are definitely pulling timing on the pump gas tune by 140 without a doubt. 140 on the E85 tune you will still be full enchilada total timing, zero reduction

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
Nice! Enjoy!

Now hurry and get her on that E85 setup and 140 IAT2s wont be near as problematic as they are right now for you....you are definitely pulling timing on the pump gas tune by 140 without a doubt. 140 on the E85 tune you will still be full enchilada total timing, zero reduction
I'm working on it. But I think stock clutch needs to be addressed before adding more power lol. And input shaft.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Nice! Enjoy!

big time man. after my tuner got mine dialed in it was hot. first pull when he was checking numbers was only 550ish. I was like what in the heck and he said don't worry let's let it cool down for 15-20 min. Next pull 596

mnetwork

Established Member
big time man. after my tuner got mine dialed in it was hot. first pull when he was checking numbers was only 550ish. I was like what in the heck and he said don't worry let's let it cool down for 15-20 min. Next pull 596

This is why I'm hating summer in this car. The tune is set to start pulling timing at 120* and it is literally impossible to keep IAT2's below that in the summer.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
I made between 585-607 power with each pull depending on cool down and around 540-550 torque. It seems with 3.00'' will get you to 600 but the torque numbers will be lower. I'm fine with my set up and gonna do a 4# lower with the 3" when I go e85 and full return.

This is my exact plan, except I'm doing some custom cams with 4# lower 3" upper full FORE return system and E85. The rest of my car is set-up for the power.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member

I believe my tuner had 21-degrees timing to get my numbers but he did say he backed that down a couple degrees for a good safe 93 street tune.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

This is my exact plan, except I'm doing some custom cams with 4# lower 3" upper full FORE return system and E85. The rest of my car is set-up for the power.

I have a 3"/4lb combo with a dragon TB and I made 720/630 on e85 and 21° of timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread