L&M Intake Cams: Dyno results

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
First, I need to start by thanking everyone involved in this project. I bought this car with money that I saved while serving in Afghanistan. It was a rough tour, and we lost a lot of guys, so I wanted something to make it “worth the trip”. I am being medically retired for back and head injuries, so I really pushed to have this vehicle completed while I am still drawing a solid paycheck. I gotta say I am proud of where this car is at today.

Thanks to Shaun @ AED for tuning this NA monster for me. I remember when I could barely pull a datalog, so thanks for your patience. Thanks to Mike at L&M engines for setting me up with the intake cams, your extra help was GREATLY appreciated. Thanks to The Mustang Shop in Kent, WA for renting me their Mustang Dyno while Shaun did his work today. They are a good business, so go out and support them if you get a chance!

The car came in at 440 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno with a CJ manifold, monoblade TB, three inch off road H pipe exhaust, stock exhaust manifolds, resonator delete, L&M intake cams, and some sort of Ford Racing exhaust cams (I call them my mystery meat cams). Matt, the dyno owner, says he realizes there is about a 10-12% difference with a mustang dyno versus a dynojet style one, so he calculated my pump gas dyno numbers to be 480 RWHP. The engine was heat soaked at the end as well. Shaun agreed with Matt, and says my E85 will add another 10.

I am waiting for Matt at The Mustang Shop to email me the graphs, but I remember the highest one coming in at about 440 RWHP on the Mustang Dyno. I will post a graph when they come in. Buy these L&M camshafts, the difference is amazing.

Attachments

• Wilma_1.jpg
    Wilma_1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 388

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Thanks for sharing all of the info you have with us over your project. From the numbers the car sounds like its strong. Any chance you did a baseline before installing the cams? I know it would be from a different day but if you used the same dyno it could give us an idea of how much you picked up.

Do you have any videos of the car on the dyno, I bet it sounds great!! Looking forward to the graph so we can all see the power band.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Congratulations! Would be cool to see and hear the car in person someday. Maybe you should bring it up north to some cruise in's this summer.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Any chance you did a baseline before installing the cams?
Do you have any videos of the car on the dyno, I bet it sounds great!! Looking forward to the graph so we can all see the power band.

Unfortunately I pulled the trigger on the install before The Mustang Shop had a chance to get me in, so I do not have a baseline. I remember Shaun saying I was in the 450 range before all this, and now I am in the 475 range; therefor, I conclude that the L&M pick up 15-20 like advertised by Shaun. The other 5 or so horsepower probably came from my mystery meat exhaust cams.

Congratulations! Would be cool to see and hear the car in person someday. Maybe you should bring it up north to some cruise in's this summer.

Let's do it. Send me a message. TMS might be a good place to meet up.

Congrats and THANKS for your service !!!!

Thank you.

SixPak

Established Member
Nice numbers!
I suspected all along you would be happy once everything got dialed in. I especially like the extended power band these intake cams provide.
Do a couple of pulls up on the freeway and provide a little feedback, if you don't mind....LOL!

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Nice numbers!
I suspected all along you would be happy once everything got dialed in. I especially like the extended power band these intake cams provide.
Do a couple of pulls up on the freeway and provide a little feedback, if you don't mind....LOL!
It drives a lot better now that the final tunes are in. I like having the drag tune once again. My rear end slid out hard when trying to do a pull this morning, and thats definitely a first. Good upgrade and a big difference.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Ill find out as soon as the graphs come in. I want to say it was 7800. The car has never been pushed that hard before based on the cylinder head temperatures I observed afterwards.

LTD5.0

Established Member
Where are you getting e85? I've done a search for stations that sell it around Seattle and have only found one in Snoqualmie.

LTD5.0

Established Member
I don't think a civilian can pull in for a fill up. I may have to enlist. Great numbers! Good to know that Shaun can tune from TMS. When I install a CJ intake I plan on having him do the tune.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I don't think a civilian can pull in for a fill up. I may have to enlist. Great numbers! Good to know that Shaun can tune from TMS. When I install a CJ intake I plan on having him do the tune.
Call TMS they told me they found two more pumps in the area. Go get the work done too

Users who are viewing this thread