L vs Terminator; 1 & 1

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Ran a '03 cobra convertible tonight from a 40 then a 60 roll. He blew the launch on the 40 roll, got wheel hop and I left him by several lengths easily. The 60 roll was right in his "sweet spot" and he put a car on me right away while I waited for my L to downshift, then he pulled a couple more slowly to about 125. We didn't run from a dig because with temps around freezing and both on street tires it would be just a test of who babied it enough to hook better.

Him: '03 terminator convertible with exhaust and tune.

Me '04 L built motor with Stage 3 heads, stage 2 cams and all the bolt ons but still running a ported Eaton and on my "winter" lower pulley (6#). Guess I should have slapped on the 10#er before trying to run up top with a Terminator.

Lots of fun, cool guy. Now I want to try it at the track.

Jroc

Established Member
Nice runs. If he's having wheelhopping issues at 40 then I think you would kill him from a dig.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Yeah a dig would really go in my favor. He got in the same runs with a SRT-10 last week that I've tried to get a piece of so we really ran just for comparison. The cobra owner is starting to mod this weekend so I wanted to run him before he pullies it. He thought the same thing, from a dig I would have the advantage as is.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good run man.. how much do you have invested in your L's engine at this point. i have a good idea of what it would cost to have that set up, but just curious about what the real $ is. im debating on picking up another L down the road to build.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Nice runs. I would imagine the Cobra's in the 410-420rwhp range? Your truck must move out pretty well. Time for a new blower and pulley and then walk his ass. :)

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I really haven't kept track of costs. I do all my own work except bought the Long block from DMP. I would guess about $15K total with all mods to my L but that counts slicks/skinnies, Line lock, tru trac, bigger tranny cooler, lowering, t-bars, converter, VB, etc. Times in sig were last year when I dyno'd lower at only 466/534 and was running on Hankooks. This year I've added track shoes, stall converter, and will be on the 486/600. I figure my 60' should be better than the 1.91 I got last year and am hoping to get in the 11's.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Sounds like fun. Your TQ numbers are impressive.

Spinning the heck out of the Eaton though. IAT's at the end of the 1/4 climb to over 160* When I switched from the 6 to 10# lower my HP peak dropped from 5300 to 4800 RPM. These DMP 5.4's are awesome, I just need a lot more blower to feed it. With a KB or whipple my torque wouldn't dive so bad over 4000 RPM.

Users who are viewing this thread