L with a blow off valve??

spoon48

Established Member
a L drove next to me and a BOV went off and i asked the dude at the next stop light if it was turbocharged and he said no. im not very "engine" saavy but im gonna shoot this question out even if i get laughed at. is it possible to hook up a BOV to my stock 2000 L?

-troy

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
PearlBlue L said:
maybe it was the air intake you were hearing... the air wistles with a cone intake setup

Does ya'lls whistle louder when you let off a hard run? Maybe it's whistling the whole time and I don't hear it until my exhaust quiets down or it's my belt slipping. It's only a second......chirps and that's it.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Could've been the bypass valve. My old one was really loud sometimes, even to the point of sounding like a B/O valve.

Evil_SVT

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
My KB starts whining as soon as I fire her up.

My L. is a whining bitch and I LOVE HER. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:
I got two whining bitches!

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I would have just asked him.....Maybe he had a turbo but didnt want you to know...Some people are strange that way....

svtred

lambo doors on the S-V-T
Established Member
if you have a centrifugal S/C u can most definitely use a BOV , theyre not JUST for turbos. im surprised no one said those are for ricers! lol. but yea with a roots style blower like we have theres really no intake tract to put the BOV inline with. and it really doesnt help at all anyway even if u had a centrifugal S/C because the turbine isnt a free spinning one like a turbo. its run off the belt so its impossible for it to slow WAYYY down or even spin backwards

95kobrah

Established Member
svtred said:
if you have a centrifugal S/C u can most definitely use a BOV , theyre not JUST for turbos. im surprised no one said those are for ricers! lol. but yea with a roots style blower like we have theres really no intake tract to put the BOV inline with. and it really doesnt help at all anyway even if u had a centrifugal S/C because the turbine isnt a free spinning one like a turbo. its run off the belt so its impossible for it to slow WAYYY down or even spin backwards

i had a video of a fox stang with a vortech s-trim, and the guy put a bov on it... instead of a turbo bov going "psshhh", it was more like "psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" very interesting, wish i could find the vid....

Floridalawdog

Established Member
My accufab throlle body sound a little like a bov when I just barely have the gas pedal pushed. Its like a quick sucking sound that resembles a bov.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
spoon48 said:
is this what your talking about?
Kind of. I don't really no the difference between a blow off valve and a boost bypass, other than blow offs are usually on turbos and byapsses on blowers...sorry.

01RedLightning

EATON HEMI'S!!
Established Member
I'm leaning towards the boost by pass... When you heard the "blow off valve" were you at WOT and shifting?? I put the boost by pass and one day the "T" wasn't connected. My dumbass didn't see I wasn't running with and vac. (That's besides the point) but I punched it and when it shifted from 1st to 2nd MAN!!! Did it make a good pssstttt.... because all the extra air was leaving throught that leak in the vaccum hoses (or so I figured) that's what I am betting. he had the boost by pass

usaf_eagle

Established Member
the throttle body is before the supercharger.. a BOV would be absolutely pointless.. it would be like owning a solar powered flashlight..

Users who are viewing this thread