LA Motorcars...Experience with them?

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
I was looking on Autotrader for an 04 cobra and ran across a place in Richardson TX called LA Motorcars. They have 24 Terminators listed on their lot. I was wondering if anyone has delt with this place and if so, what can I expect?

Thanks,
Derek

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
search...talked about a lot..in a nutshell, don't buy from them.

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
wow, for real? I did a search and the only thing that came up for "motorcars" was Jordan Motorcars... Can you point me in the right direction?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
My friend Todd bought his from them. The car had issues from the start and they wouldn't help with any of it. They deal in cash only , so go with your own financing/cash.

I would pass on them if I were you.

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
well, it seems like for every bad story I hear, there are 10 good ones. It also seems that the only cars that have had problems are the ones that are modded. Thats the chance you take when you buy a modded car. Thats why I am only looking for stock ones or maybe intake and exhaust at most.

Im going to keep doing research. I sure would be pissed if I wasted $400 on fuel and a trailor and didnt even bring home a car.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
i'm sure they have some good cars on that lot but you'd be taking a chance. i just don't think the car you're looking for will be found there, most of the cars they sell have a history, usually bad and one they won't tell you about.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
i'm sure they have some good cars on that lot but you'd be taking a chance. i just don't think the car you're looking for will be found there, most of the cars they sell have a history, usually bad and one they won't tell you about.

+1

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Carfax every single one you look at and are interested in. Just like any shop that specializes in the resale of high performance vehicles there will be instances in which the car bought is in rough shape, after all how many of us really granny are Cobras around town?

Drive the car, feel it out, listen for unwanted noises, if you feel you're getting a good car a decent price then who are we to tell your otherwise.

But if you have certain suspicions about a car, multiply them by 100 because these are 400 hp (at least) cars and when shit breaks, it BREAKS.

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
Thanks for the input everyone. I really dont want to make a 1600 mile trip if Im just wasting time and money.

2003ssvt

Established Member
No need to make the trip for a questionable deal...cars are sold as is and from my own experience the seller does not know much or anything about the cars he is selling or he was lying...They are down the street from me and I went 200 miles to pick up my 03 cobra. It would be in your best interest to buy from someone else, just fyi, Good Luck :beer:

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Went with a friend that was buying an 03 cobra. He talked to one of the owners about a 15k mile Redfire 04 that was supposed to be perfect. We drove 2+ hours to find the car had been hit in the front and back, and was nasty. They had a few decent cars, but I would not buy from them. My buddy ended up getting one from NTN, which they were high, but at least a nice car

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
Well, thanks for everyones input. I actually found one locally that I am probably gonna buy.

JP Cobra

Sarcasm at its Finest
Established Member
I don't get it, my experience at LA was great... Owner seemed to know a shitload about terminators and sold them at a reasonable price. My dad bought an 03 mach from him for just pennies over what he paid for it and hasnt had any issues what-so-ever with it.

I was there for the deal and he seemed to be a real fair and reasonable guy.

Just my experience.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I had two buddies buy RX7s there. One was stock and had no issues at all 5 years later, the other was modded and it caught on fire last year due to bad wiring. But Lance (owner) was honest that the car was highly modded and being sold as is. :shrug:

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
North Texas Nissan buys some of their cobra's from LA motorcars, so if LA motorcars sucks, so does NTN.

Personally, I like LA motorcars, I bought my cobra from them and so did my best friend. If you buy a modded sports car, you are always taking a chance.

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
That's not really sound logic. When you go through the volume both of those places do, there's bound to be a few good cars.

That comment was directed at the post about NTN, I personally like LA motorcars and know that they sell cobras to NTN. So, my logic is that if cobras from LA motorcars aren't good, than neither are the cobras from NTN.

I think as long as you do the right back ground search on the car, you can get a good deal from anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread