LA Motorcars...Experience with them?

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
well, it seems like for every bad story I hear, there are 10 good ones. It also seems that the only cars that have had problems are the ones that are modded. Thats the chance you take when you buy a modded car. Thats why I am only looking for stock ones or maybe intake and exhaust at most.

Im going to keep doing research. I sure would be pissed if I wasted $400 on fuel and a trailor and didnt even bring home a car.
So many have been modded. You'll be lucky to find a true stock one.

Some folks fake it by keeping their stock parts then reinstalling them when they sell.
A bit doggish to me.
Who knows, the thing may have been beat to shit on the street, drag or road course.
I bought my car new.
WYSIWYG.
Jeff

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
I bought mine from LA motorcars, the car has done fine besides my wheel bearings going out and thats probably due to a bad greasing from factory, everything else is fine on the car it runs nice and haven't had problems besides that. They tell you they sell as is, so you certainly need to check out the car or have a mechanic look at it or something.

Mr. Couper

Established Member
I bought mine from there and the motor blew within months. They said it had upgraded Je pistons and when i had the motor rebuilt, they were stock. I would pass. If anything i would buy from a member on the board.

Crazy88

Established Member
Damn before i bought my SRT i was planning on getting a Cobra and it was from them too. Thank goodness i didnt go there but my uncle looked around for me while i was away. all the cars i had saw were also modded, only 1 out of 7 were sorta stock Intake, exhaust, thats crazy. We have a Shady dealer here in San Diego also called Hollywood Motorcars that sell messed up SRT-4s, EVOs, Sti's,. they are salvaged or wrecked and have many problems down the road. They are said they are flooded cars from the hurricane that they buy and fix up for resale but dont tell you the secret about the history. If i were you id stick with a Private Seller or a search on the forums.

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
My buddie sold them his seats out of his 04 and they threw them into a zinc yellow 03 that had been caged with a rear seat delete and sparco seats in the front. No bs when they posted up the car they said nothing about it ever being caged and most of the motor had been returned to stock as well. Alot of places buy from them. Middlekauf ford had a stock 03 with 19k for 30k a year ago that they said they got from L.A.

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
btw forgot to mention my house in Dallas is 2 miles from there and I would pass it everyday and stop about once a week

Users who are viewing this thread