Lame, But I Was Pissed...

BlownNotch

Established Member
ya cops always do that to me.. and it aggrivates me ALOT.. i dont usually drive in the left lane, always in the middle, and the cops STILL get on my ass when im in that lane.. they COULD go to the left lane and pass, but no.. they just sit with cruise control on 1 ft from my bumper.. i can't even see there lights or grill they are so close. and another thing... cops in my town.. dont follow any laws or rules... stop signs and yeilds dont mean a thing to them.. i had a cop blow threw a 2 stops signs while i followed him, cut 1 truck off without signaling and blew threw a red light just to get into mcdonalds..... i made my friend call up his aunt-- police officer, and tell her what we just saw. i think its insane how they can do all this, but if we did all of those we would have our license suspended or something

anyway,, cops who like mustangs rock

Charles236

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
It's nice you think that, but if you aren't allowed to use them for that particular call, then you can't.. Lights and sirens cause more wrecks than anything.... people's I.Q.'s drop about 100 points when you turn the blue lights on...
Amen! On a busy road, people usually panic and go into brain freeze when they see a bluelight or hear a siren.

Lawman85

Banned
crew_dawg16 said:
And if none are found, then you issue the citation for the petty infraction instead of giving a warning to fix it now or get a ticket tomorrow. I understand that it is still against the law to operate a vehicle without both lights, but this is one of the reasons that a lot of people are so pissed off at LEOs all the time. If you pulled over a car hoping to find bigger things and you don't, why can't you just say "Have a nice day ma'am/sir?"

This is one of the reasons that LEO's get so pissed off at civilians... They get stopped for a valid reason (anything from brake light out to speeding) and expect .. sometimes demand only a warning ticket.. WTF?? Do you think they are paying me $xx per hour just to ride around, burn up gas that the taxpayers buy, just to stop you and say... "Hey moron, none of your lights work, maybe you need to inspect your car every once in awhile to make sure it is road worthy... have a nice day.".... No.... our job is to enforce all laws, including: criminal offenses, traffic offenses, local ordinances, etc. Our job is not a courtesy officer.... I don't walk up to a bank robber and say "Sir, you aren't suppose to rob banks, now give the money back and... have a nice day.", so why should I say "Sir, you aren't suppose to be driving 105mph in a 55mph zone... don't do it again, or I'll stop you and ask you not to do it again... have a nice day."

Lawman85

Banned
sexystang1994 said:
Yes, my taillight was out. The point was, I wasn't even speeding and TWO separate police cars pulled me over for a damn lightbulb!! I even had one in my trunk to swap it out. That didn't matter, they still gave me a ticket for 78 bucks. It's not like it'd been out for a long time too; I honestly didn't know it was out. It must have gone out that day or so because I'm constantly checking my car and making sure everything is running well (like checking the oil, coolant, etc). I don't know, it just sucked and I felt I should have at least gotten a warning or something.

Why didn't you pull over after the first officer stopped you and change the bulb?? That would have eliminated the second stop and ticket.....

Steeltwo

Established Member
sbro712 said:
Might have wanted you to get out of his way. I know when I get right on a car's bumper it is because I am on a call that does not require lights and siren but I still need to get to quickly, I will get right up on a car so that it will hopefully move out of my way.

are you kidding?

ChuckV

Established Member
If you're uncomfortable with how close ANYONE is following you, just slow down until you think they have enough time to react in the even that you have to slam on the brakes. I've gotten pulled over a couple of times that way, but have yet to get a ticket when they hear my explaination. I don't think any sane cop would ticket you for that.

sexystang1994

5.0 Slut
Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Why didn't you pull over after the first officer stopped you and change the bulb?? That would have eliminated the second stop and ticket.....

no nooo...... I was only stopped once. Two separate cops (2 police cars) had me pulled over. :(

sexystang1994

5.0 Slut
Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Maybe you looked dangerous.....

me? a white chick with Stetson University sticker and a BUSH/CHENEY sticker (been meaning to remove them now that I graduated and the elections are over lol) on my rear window? lol I sure hope not :p

I just think it was a waste of their time and my tax dollars :(

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
sexystang1994 said:
me? a white chick with Stetson University sticker and a BUSH/CHENEY sticker (been meaning to remove them now that I graduated and the elections are over lol) on my rear window? lol I sure hope not :p

I don't think it was a waste of time but they(IMO) should have given you a warning. They may have thought it was out for a long and giving you a ticket will get you to change it. Questions for LEOs, do you note in a database when you stop somebody for a warning?

STOKED

Forced induction freak
Established Member
piss&vinegar said:
Questions for LEOs, do you note in a database when you stop somebody for a warning?

I'd like to know also. When you run the cars plate on the computer does it show how many times it has been pulled over and for what?

Floridalawdog

Established Member
sexystang1994 said:
Yes, my taillight was out. The point was, I wasn't even speeding and TWO separate police cars pulled me over for a damn lightbulb!! I even had one in my trunk to swap it out. That didn't matter, they still gave me a ticket for 78 bucks. It's not like it'd been out for a long time too; I honestly didn't know it was out. It must have gone out that day or so because I'm constantly checking my car and making sure everything is running well (like checking the oil, coolant, etc). I don't know, it just sucked and I felt I should have at least gotten a warning or something.

The fact that you got a ticket and not a warning is up to the officer. Its called discretion, and without it we couldnt do our jobs. He chose to give you a ticket and not a warning. I dont see the big deal. And there is no way for the officer to know that your light hadnt been out for a long time. Why be upset at the officer because he did his job?

Floridalawdog

Established Member
crew_dawg16 said:
And if none are found, then you issue the citation for the petty infraction instead of giving a warning to fix it now or get a ticket tomorrow. I understand that it is still against the law to operate a vehicle without both lights, but this is one of the reasons that a lot of people are so pissed off at LEOs all the time. If you pulled over a car hoping to find bigger things and you don't, why can't you just say "Have a nice day ma'am/sir?"

If you choose to issue a ticket for the "petty infraction", then you do. I almost always right a fix it ticket. 30 days to get it fixed and the ticket is dropped. But that is my choice, and if he chose to go with the full boat then that is his choice.

Here is why you cant only right the dopers and the real bad guys tickets. Officer pulls over a doper for no tag light. Doper hires an attorney. Attorney pulls officers records and sees that the officer only writes tickets to people he arrests for drugs. Attorney takes the drug charge to court in a suppression hearing and a judge throws the case out because your record shows that you are targeting the dopers. Because there is no record of you writing anyone else a ticket for no tag light.

When a defense attorney has you on the stand and asks "officer, do you stop people often for no tag light, or just certain types of people matching a certain profile." If you wrote the doctor in the Lexus, or the girl in the mustang then you will win in court.

Lawman85

Banned
sexystang1994 said:

Sounds like an extremist to me....

Lawman85

Banned
Floridalawdog said:
Here is why you cant only right the dopers and the real bad guys tickets. Officer pulls over a doper for no tag light. Doper hires an attorney. Attorney pulls officers records and sees that the officer only writes tickets to people he arrests for drugs. Attorney takes the drug charge to court in a suppression hearing and a judge throws the case out because your record shows that you are targeting the dopers. Because there is no record of you writing anyone else a ticket for no tag light.

We had that same issue here about 7 years ago. They were throwing cases out left and right because all of the tag light tickets were being written on one roadway where all of the drug houses were. We had to start issuing tag light tickets all over the city to make the judge happy.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
sexystang1994 said:
I think it's probably just a Volusia County sheriff thing because I've been pulled over 3 times already this year for bullshit things. I'm surprised he didn't pull you over! One sheriff pulled me over last month for a LIGHT BULB in my rear tailight (ticket was 78 bucks)! Another pulled me over because I apparantly "was following too closely" yeah okay, like I would tailgait a cop! :bs:

They just wanted to make sure I had insurance or some lame excuse to pull me over. :cuss:

that and port orange. they do a great job around the area. one of the reasons i moved out that way was due to very, and i mean very or no crime at all. but you are right they will pull you over for just about anything...

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Steeltwo said:
are you kidding?

i guess not. btw there was not 1 soul in the south bound lane at all for miles. my issue was he could have passed.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
sexystang1994 said:

maybe he knew your screen name here at svtp and wanted to pull you over :-D

Users who are viewing this thread