LANCER EVO. TRIED ME..

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
You guys are goofy.... somehow the Cobra is the worlds greatest automobile.... can spank anything alive...... from any speed to any speed......that is the knuckle dragging mentality apparently....

I will admit that most Evo drivers don't seem to know how to drive... I ran 13.4's and ther other Evo ran 14.1 nd 13.9 the same night... blaaa...

Anyway..... I will enjoy my toys....and I have an open enough mind that I know the limitations of each.... Evo rocks from a standstill.... Cobra does not! Cobra rocks at anything above 30mph (mine spins otherwise)...

If anyone is in Central PA with a fairly stock cobra, and would like me to use my Ricer math on them in a street race, i can just about guarantee I will be ahead until at least 80mph

Someone take me up on this please...... no burnouts, no sticky launch pad... just a shitty old Evo vs Lord King Cobra. :)

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by msp282
You guys are goofy.... somehow the Cobra is the worlds greatest automobile.... can spank anything alive...... from any speed to any speed......that is the knuckle dragging mentality apparently....

I will admit that most Evo drivers don't seem to know how to drive... I ran 13.4's and ther other Evo ran 14.1 nd 13.9 the same night... blaaa...

Anyway..... I will enjoy my toys....and I have an open enough mind that I know the limitations of each.... Evo rocks from a standstill.... Cobra does not! Cobra rocks at anything above 30mph (mine spins otherwise)...

If anyone is in Central PA with a fairly stock cobra, and would like me to use my Ricer math on them in a street race, i can just about guarantee I will be ahead until at least 80mph

Someone take me up on this please...... no burnouts, no sticky launch pad... just a shitty old Evo vs Lord King Cobra. :)

Cobra is capable of mid to low 12's stock if you know how to drive... I dont think the problem in your equation is the Cobra not being able to rock from a stand still, the problem is with the driver.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Why is doubting that a stock Evo can beat a 420rwhp + drag radial cobra to 80mph being goofy? You are just lucky we are the only two that saw that statement you made. I dare you to start a new thread about it if you think we are being goofy. I was not putting down the evo.I do actually think they are a great all around car. I do not think the cobra is unbeatable. If a 911 turbo owner were to start a post about beating cobras all I would say is...nice kill. I think it is the other way around with the evo owners acting like they are almighty.You guys are always saying that the evo will own the cobra in the curves and braking,but the cobra is faster. Then in the next thread you are saying how you are beating the cobras in street races.Now you go so far as to say you can take bolt on cobras with drs? Sorry not buying it. I call bs.

SVT Cobra

Established Member
a Cobra cant pass an evo until 80mph? i find that very hard to believe. considering that the Cobra has massive torque available at the launch(and he doesnt spin too much), and the evo has to wait to boost up- i'd have to call b.s.

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
Wild Bill - Ok....for simplicity...we'll blame the driver of the Cobra..... It has nothing to do with the AWD of the Evo and the 400-500lb difference in weight. :)

SVT Cobra - There is no waiting for boost if you launch at 6000rpm..boost is working. :)

Wild Bill

Established Member
Its just that I have nitto 315s and know how well they grab.I have still had some bad launches on very bad surfaces and had to play catch up,but those were against very stiff competition.My friend Joes GN and a very fast twin turbo mercedes. Mess up a launch with the mercedes and forget about it. Those cars have mad power though,and that mercedes comes out of the hole like a missile.Stock evos just dont have the power to hold off a bolt on cobra.Im sorry but the evos and wrxs I've experienced have been no problem at all, I only remember how easy they were to beat after all that hype.They were not one my closer street races.I cant wait to run an STI though.

mike01svt

Established Member
I know this thread isnt about the nat aspirated cobra or the Sti, but I ran an Sti to about 75 and he had the jump on me from the start, after 65-70 I was pulling on him at a descent rate, if it was a rolling race I would like to think tgat i would have won. I think that the sti and the evo are great cars from a stop,but once we are rolling we can take em.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by mike01svt
I know this thread isnt about the nat aspirated cobra or the Sti, but I ran an Sti to about 75 and he had the jump on me from the start, after 65-70 I was pulling on him at a descent rate, if it was a rolling race I would like to think tgat i would have won. I think that the sti and the evo are great cars from a stop,but once we are rolling we can take em.

I took and STi from a 60 mph roll to about 130 and had a good car length on him.

Jam her down into third and roll......

mike01svt

Established Member
There is one evo and one sti and one srt-4 down here where I live, ony one I have raced, and wasnt really a race was the sti, next time we will take it to the track, the evo and the srt-4 I am sure i will take em from a roll. btw I am all stock, next mod : 4.10's

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
Ya, from a roll above 30mph a stock or modified 2003 cobra will basically destroy a evo...... My cobra still has the stock F1's and spins at 30mph.....but by 50-60mph the cobra has passed and is somewhere way way ahead by 100mph! Even with my dad driving the cobra and hitting the rev limiter it wasn't much of a race

But...from a standstill it is a totally different story.... I have fully launched my evo about 12-15 times so far with zero ill effects. :)

56 more posts to go Wild Bill. :lol:

NVNM8OR

Established Member
These cars are getting so close that so much of it has to do with the drivers. I also, took out an Evo. Both stock, I'm pretty sure. If they aren't spooled up a bit, the torque will prevail. But, I still say it is driver and bit of enviromental luck with gripping the pavement.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Wild Bill - Ok....for simplicity...we'll blame the driver of the Cobra..... It has nothing to do with the AWD of the Evo and the 400-500lb difference in weight. :)

SVT Cobra - There is no waiting for boost if you launch at 6000rpm..boost is working. :)

I understand the EVO has advantages in weight and traction, but 400lbs (3260 to 3660) isnt going to make up a 150hp difference. (Thats assuming the EVO's put down its rated 270hp at its wheels.)

Props to you for beating him out in the 1/8th atleast, but we both know your victory to 80mph is either contributed to your superior driving skill or his lack of driving skill.

JDP

Established Member
My 92 Nissan 4X4 makes my Lightning look like the big piece of over-priced crap it really is. See, it's all about the launch I get in my Nissan, I own em all under 20 miles an hour... :rolleyes:

Anyways, this thread sure has lasted a long time. :shrug:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I can't believe that you 2003 Cobra guys are even worried about a little EVo, STi, or SRT4. I have taken all of them on and won in my NA 1998 Cobra. Though the races were close I still got away with a win. Yeah it probably has a lot to do with the driver, but if you all are having trouble then youmay want to work on your driving skills. Either that or I need to go do another dyno pull again and see if someone stuck a supercharger or some turbos under my hood for my birthday.

I don't mean to bash you '03 people, but I am just trying to make a point that this new breed of ricers aren't all that they are cracked up to be. No offence..seriousely. I still have yet to run an '03. I want to real bad though. I know that I will loose, but I want to know how bad I will loose, or how close it will be. I want to race a stock '03 first just to see how my car does against one.

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
Hissman - have you taken your car to the dragstrip? I ran 13.409 @ 102mph with my Evo.... while the car was hot and the outside temp in the low 80's..... Low trap speed, but nice ET.

There is no preperation needed for the Evo.... mustangs require lowered tire pressure and burnouts.....

What is your best time?

It is funny how people have raced soo many Evo's and STI's yet I have only ever seen 1 other Evo on the road and maybe 3 STI's......let alone being able to race them....

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Hissman - have you taken your car to the dragstrip? I ran 13.409 @ 102mph with my Evo.... while the car was hot and the outside temp in the low 80's..... Low trap speed, but nice ET.

There is no preperation needed for the Evo.... mustangs require lowered tire pressure and burnouts.....

What is your best time?

It is funny how people have raced soo many Evo's and STI's yet I have only ever seen 1 other Evo on the road and maybe 3 STI's......let alone being able to race them....

i haven't been to the track, but I have done what I have done. Sorry to burst your bubble. I have raced LS1's and won also. They are not supposed to be walked away from by me either, but i have done it.

Maybe i am just on bad A$$ Driver. Who Knows.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Also, it insn't hard to get a 1998 cobra into the low 13's naturally asperated, or even the high 12's with DR's. So even with what you have said, what I have done did happen, and can happen very often by anyone with my setup. Now these cars were fairly stock except for a filter, and a few other basic first month bolt-ons, but I am not supposed to even be in your radar as far as a race goes....according to most ricer forums. So my point is that an '03 Cobra should have no problem with your EVo, an SRT4 or a WRX STi. That is all I am saying.

Users who are viewing this thread