Laser Rust Removal

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Pretty Cool:

[video=youtube;CLaBFkeHG0A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLaBFkeHG0A&ebc=ANyPxKqy0Z7zPFmMmazyM6_nJNryD6Lug3-2McIGwFBUNOVmzr6GPsEfqviBv3ixcgiby-ypTqo91D1F9Gxk9_1Sv2eDO9_bfQ[/video]

They way it cleans exhaust parts is amazing.

[video=youtube;7fR_aTRiw6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fR_aTRiw6k&ebc=ANyPxKqy0Z7zPFmMmazyM6_nJNryD6Lug3-2McIGwFBUNOVmzr6GPsEfqviBv3ixcgiby-ypTqo91D1F9Gxk9_1Sv2eDO9_bfQ[/video]

15 to 20 years from now hopefully we'll be able to pick these up from autozone for $150.

I saw in the comments they said $600K

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Pretty cool.
Its amazing because of how clean it operates!
Wander whats gonna happen when you dont pay attention and you hit something you didnt mean too? Like a leg lol.

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
Pretty cool.
Its amazing because of how clean it operates!
Wander whats gonna happen when you dont pay attention and you hit something you didnt mean too? Like a leg lol.

there's other videos out there and they put they're hand under the laser. it's amazing technology.

Mike

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
What happens to the rust? Is it heated to a plasma which just dissipates? How do they capture that so the operator doesn't get heavy metal poisoning via inhalation?

oldmodman

Established Member
After seeing this video I searched for others.

Found a comparison between this one and a cheaper 200 watt model. 200 watt model did almost nothing when compared to the 1000 watt model. The 1000 watt model ripped right along, leaving a clean, ready to polish or paint surface.

Somehow I don't think these will ever be cheap enough to own. but there might be a market to rent them out. But just imagine the insurance costs. And I am not just talking about the damage insurance to repair the laser remover.

And in another video you can see all the hoses going to the laser head. Some appear to be for cooling. And power. But one looks big enough to be a suction hose to remove and catch the residue.

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
$600K LOLOLOL

This may end up like 3D printing. Most people will just have to wait until patents run out. Meanwhile DIYers will make their own and the Chinese will sell cheap knock offs. hah.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
What happens to the rust? Is it heated to a plasma which just dissipates? How do they capture that so the operator doesn't get heavy metal poisoning via inhalation?

I was really hoping you were going to be able to answer this for me :(

Users who are viewing this thread