Latest Pics (1 of 2)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I'm working on a way to earn the required cash, and hope to achieve that goal before the feds declare marshal law and the country falls into general anarchy.

Just finance it all then. You dont have to worry about paying back loans once the banking system fails.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I'm working on a way to earn the required cash, and hope to achieve that goal before the feds declare marshal law and the country falls into general anarchy.

Just finance it all then. You dont have to worry about paying back loans once the banking system fails.

You don't have to get it. You simply have to stand there staring - open-mouthed - at the sheer bad-assery on display. :)

While its pretty sweet, and I dig the fab that was likely involved, it doesnt say much that you would be hard pressed in going up against any other similar year GT with simply a blower/centri kit installed.

What made you decide to go this route rather than the tried and true method of modding whats currently there, and what have you sacrificed in doing so by going away from modern tech?

jsimmonstx

Established Member

True. :)

While its pretty sweet, and I dig the fab that was likely involved, it doesnt say much that you would be hard pressed in going up against any other similar year GT with simply a blower/centri kit installed.

What made you decide to go this route rather than the tried and true method of modding whats currently there, and what have you sacrificed in doing so by going away from modern tech?

Only four pieces of fabrication (beyond the expected exhaust and driveshaft)

- The expansion tank had to be relocated so we needed to make a bracket to mount it on the fender
- The air cleaner was too long, so we offset the base by 1.5 inches (your standard 14-inch round air cleaner fits with no issues)
- The input shaft on the Tremec transmission was too long, so we had to have a spacer made to go between the trans and the bellhousing.
- We modified to OEM fuel hat to serve as a return-style fuel system, and we used the OEM fuel pump until it died in March. When that happened, we replaced the pump in the OEM hat with a Walbro unit.

Everything else was off-the-shelf, including the BMR Windsor swap k-member. We ripped out (well, noyt ripped, merely removing the wiring we didn't need any longer) probably 95% of the under-hood wiring harness, and the only thing the ECU does now is control the tach.

I wasn't concerned with being "faster than a GT", but it is, significantly so. I'm making 100 more lbft of torque, and about 70 more RWHP in a car that weighs the same as a GT. I haven't had it at a drag strip because it ain't setup for that, and while it's fun to watch, drag racing don't really impress me. And yes, a GT will have to have help (NOS, blower, turbo, etc) to outrun me.

The car used to be a V6, there is no tried and true power mod that would come anywhere close to what I have now, and putting a Coyote into the car would be about as interesting as say, a GT...

Users who are viewing this thread