Latest Round of Mods Nearly Complete (pics inside).....

92 Couper

Established Member
Finished up a chuck of my fall/winter mod list and I thought I would post a few progress pictures. Included in these mods are the following:

EBC Ultimax slotted brake rotors with Grand Sport GS6 pads (shown in previous post)
03 Cobra coupe springs with 1/2 coil cut off front and back (will all stock isolators)
03 Cobra coupe Billstien struts and shocks
Maximum Motorsports low profile IRS subframe bolts
OE Wheels 17x9/17x10 10th Anniversary replica wheels
Graphics Express black cobra rear bumper decal
14" black shorty antenna

Here are some pics:

Before:
cobra019.jpg

After:
cobra020.jpg

cobra021.jpg

cobra022.jpg

cobra023.jpg

The drop turned out just as I wanted it. It is about 7/8" drop front and rear. No rubbing/scraping and a subtle lower look (I am not a slammed car dude). Ride and handling are great. I really like the way the new wheels look on the car too.

Last edited:

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
Funny, I was thinking how much it looked like my old neighborhood in Kennesaw, GA, and turns out that is for good reason.

Nice mods.. Nice car.

92 Couper

Established Member
Looks good...where did you get those wheels?

I bought them off of ebay from OE Wheels Distributors out of Sarasota, Florida. These have been going for @$560 as set on ebay. I happen to bid at the right time and ended up getting these for $399 shipped. I guess the other stang guys were napping that day. I thought it was a killer deal.

Three of my original 10th anniversary wheels had been curbed by the original owner. Two of them had minor scratches and the third hit a curb hard. It was going to cost me $450 plus shipping to replace these with new OEM wheels through buyfordracing.com. These were cheaper and gave me that deep dish wide wheel I was looking for in back.

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
looks good

nice tasteful mods....

did you notice a difference between the coupe shocks vs the vert shocks? i been thinking about doing this for a while

92 Couper

Established Member
did you notice a difference between the coupe shocks vs the vert shocks? i been thinking about doing this for a while

Well, I did the coupe springs, struts and shocks at the same time, so I could not tell you about the effect of just the struts/shocks. I am really happy with the ride and handling of the coupe parts on the vert. Feels more planted and less floaty without having a jarring ride.

Users who are viewing this thread