Future SVT *****
Established Member
From left to right:

-Lawn-boy Goldpro with 6.5HP 2-cycle Duraforce engine - Model 10424
-Toro Super Recycler with 6.5 HP Quantum engine - Model 20037
-Honda Snowthrower with Commercial GX160 engine - Model HS621
-Echo Grass Trimmer with 21cc 2-cycle engine - Model SRM-210

IMG_1374_zpsu0rflagl.jpg

I purchased the Toro and Echo in 2003, and they still run flawlessly.
The Lawnboy is an absolute beast with the 2-cycle Duraforce (gobs of power).

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I went all electric with the new house, price of admission is worth it to not have to deal with gas, oil, clogged carbs, etc. anymore. I only have an 8000 sq ft lot, two batteries are more than enough for mowing and weed trimming everything. After reading a bunch of reviews I went with the Kobalt 80 volt lineup. Most comfortable push mower I've ever had, the one-lever leveling is a nice touch too.

IMAG0379_zpsnfusaf6c.jpg

Kornnut

Established Member
I use troy built from lowes. I hate weedeating and weedeaters in general. At the first sign of trouble I see how far I can throw it. Just bought a new one this past weekend. I hope for a year or so out of it.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't get a Husqvarna they are junk. Mine is a 21k46, it is a cheaper unit but it is still a POS. My dads cheap Deere has lasted several years and he does NO maintenance. I don't even think he has changed the oil. My father-in-law has a more expensive Husqvarna and it was a POS too. The rear end went out after less than 200 hours. I will NEVER buy another one. My Husqvarna leaf blower is shitty too. It won't run full throttle without lots of playing with it.

Are you buying real Huskys or just Husky branded ones from Lowe's/Home Depot?

I use troy built from lowes. I hate weedeating and weedeaters in general. At the first sign of trouble I see how far I can throw it. Just bought a new one this past weekend. I hope for a year or so out of it.

That's what I always did until I got tired of it and just spent the money on my Stihl.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Everyone keeps alluding to not buying these things at the big box stores. Where do you go to get your toys then? And how are you supposed to know the "real" ones from the fake polyester ones?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Buy a Echo or Stihl then. I used to buy the cheap Toro or whatever brand and they would last a year. My first Echo lasted 16 years and I only replaced it because I couldn't see spending $70 on a carb for a 16 year old unit which is what it needed.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Everyone keeps alluding to not buying these things at the big box stores. Where do you go to get your toys then? And how are you supposed to know the "real" ones from the fake polyester ones?

You need to go to a actual dealer that handles lawn equipment.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Scag Liberty Z. It's their "residential" model but I swear can start a small business with this thing. Super solid.

IMG_20150526_160825679_zpsgi77tcyi.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If you can swing it, get a good quality compact tractor. I mow about 5 acres with my 670 and it takes no time at all with a 7' cut and it's much nicer to ride than my zero turn. I also use it to push snow where I can't get with my truck, and just finished putting about 100 fence posts in the ground with it. It comes in handy a lot. I wish I had a loader for it but the model loader that fits it is obviously old/discontinued, and hard to come by used ($$$$$).

That depends IMO on how smooth the ground is.
On the smooth parts I can get it done way faster with the Zero turn. But as you said, most of all I'm more comfortable on the tractor.
I still use the zero to ring the trees and edge of the property then hop on the tractor so I use both.
But I have a lot of trees in the back.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

You need to go to a actual dealer that handles lawn equipment.

^ This - you won't find any of the same products at a dealer that you will at the big box stores. Most of the 2 stroke Husqvarna stuff at Lowe's is just rebranded Poulan Pro IIRC. Unfortunately they up charge quite a bit for the name even though you are still getting an "inferior" product. There's nothing wrong with them as long as you know what you're getting, they just aren't as well built as what you'll get at an authorized dealer.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
That depends IMO on how smooth the ground is.
On the smooth parts I can get it done way faster with the Zero turn. But as you said, most of all I'm more comfortable on the tractor.
I still use the zero to ring the trees and edge of the property then hop on the tractor so I use both.
But I have a lot of trees in the back.

That's what I do... I have about 5 acres that's wide open that I do with the tractor, and do around the house and trees with the mower

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
My 1986 Deere 318. They don't make them like this anymore
505C92AB-3DB3-4F16-841F-FF6FE9015F2F.jpg

Nice! My granddad had a 318 for a long time until he traded it in for a 335, which my dad still has and uses. I grew up mowing with a 112 and a 216, both of which my dad still has and uses. Amazing that mowers from 40-50 years ago are still holding up and running when the ones from today are lucky to last a few years.

Why Try

Established Member
Love my John Deere 420 and 430. Also have the Pottinger Novicat 30' hooked to a 7810 John Deere. Stock file photos to give you an idea.forum_3400.jpgGrassland-PottNovacat-2_Main.jpg

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Anybody have old lawn boys? My dad has one from 60s he bought new still uses it. ive been trying to steal it lol. Magnesium frame and two stroke light as hell.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
Mine are nothing special but they get the job done. First is a Kubota MX5100 with a BushHog RDTH72 finish mower, then a Kubota BX2350, and a zero turn Cub Cadet 50". Also have BushHog BH25 & 26 rotary cutters(bush hog) but no pics for now.

IMG_20160511_154101_183_zpsxjh7h1di.jpg

IMG_20160511_154041_947_zpscrzvsubz.jpg

IMG_20160511_160425_409_zpsez5yk3mm.jpg

IMG_20160511_160457_049_zpsufelfh6z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread