LCA Bolts

Bulldogger

Established Member
For the guys that changed out the LCA arms did you also buy new bolts or re-use the factory ones. J&M states to use new hardware just curious.

davidhuff

Established Member
I have always used the old bolts and make sure when you torque the bolts the suspension is loaded.JMO

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Your suppose to change them but must reuse them an they work fine as stated above tq properly

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If they are "one time use" that means the metal is stretched when torqued and thus should be thrown away. They aren't "fine" as ME32 suggests. They are fatigued by design and no longer good bolts.

I never re-use "one time use" designated suspension bolts...it's a safety issue. I don't want my junk failing because I was too cheap to drop $20 on a couple bolts.

There's a thread or two on this with a lot more engineer tech talk but that's the cliff notes version.

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Established Member
If they are "one time use" that means the metal is stretched when torqued and thus should be thrown away. They aren't "fine" as ME32 suggests. They are fatigued by design and no longer good bolts.

I never re-use "one time use" designated suspension bolts...it's a safety issue. I don't want my junk failing because I was too cheap to drop $20 on a couple bolts.

There's a thread or two on this with a lot more engineer tech talk but that's the cliff notes version.

That's what I figured with 120ft/lbs they hit bolt stretch. Guess it's off to the dealer to get raped:coolman:

6-Speed

Established Member
You can buy the bolts online from Tousley Ford or Silverstate Ford for much less than retail, but you have to pay shipping.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Someone had posted those part number's somewhere. Anyone have a link or the numbers? My search effort can't seem to find them again.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
discussed it and he said he wasnt fatigued so put him back to work. somethings i think are read to much into. if its that serious go to your bolt store and get some grade 8

Riptide

Established Member
People reuse them all the time. Just torque back to spec and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Users who are viewing this thread