Leakdown test...

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Had to start a new thread, cause this F'in site wont let me see the second page ever, IP address banned or something, IDK...

Anyway, my mechanic did the leakdown test on the motor this past week, and it seemed to check out fine he said... I believe cylinders 1-6 were in the 8% leakdown range, 7 and 8 were 12%.... which is actually a little more than the results MMR got when they did a leakdown before it went out. I'm still having massive blow by though, so I guess some more searching is in order. The truck will most likely be going to JJ in a couple weeks, and I'll let him see what he can find.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is what we have been trying to tell you, it is not blow-by, it is a PCV hose not working correctly, routed wrong (sending blower boost into the crancase/valve covers or a pinched hose. Can you please post some pictures so that we can help you with this, we hate to see you continue to struggle with this- we are here to help!

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I will post up some pics and hold up my end of the deal.. BUT I would really love for you guys to tell me the proper way this should be routed if you already know... I have it routed the same way it was on my stock motor, so I really dont get whats going on. Its frustrating as hell though...

RMoore92

Established Member
IMO, take it all out and find a diagram to put it all back in the correct way.

I did that with my Whipple vacuum lines and now it works like a champ!

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Ok, well, getting a little more info here... took out the PCV nd revved it, oil is basically getting past the baffle WAY too much... so either thats my main issue or like my mechanic says, the oil return in the head may not be able to keep up. All, I know is it seems things will be getting pulled apart yet again. Joy.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I will post up some pics and hold up my end of the deal.. BUT I would really love for you guys to tell me the proper way this should be routed if you already know... I have it routed the same way it was on my stock motor, so I really dont get whats going on. Its frustrating as hell though...

Well we have told you how the stock routing is but the KB has its own instructions that should have come with the blower, all of our techs here believe that you have a line coming from the bottom side of the blower going to the valvecovers, essentially pressurizing the entire system and bypassing the PCV valve.

Last edited:

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Thanks for your help, but I have told you guys I'm running a Whipple 2.3 which is entirely different line routing from the KB from what I understand... I have things routed the SAME way I did on the stock block/Whipple set-up so its very hard to understand what couldve changed. What line would cause the block to become pressurized? I have disconnected the vac line from the back of the lower intake manifold so now I have the line from the passenger side valve cover---> oil seperator---> the Whipple plenum. The line from the drivers side valve cover goes to the Whipple intake elbow before the throttle body. I'm trying to find out if anyone with these valve covers is having similar problems....

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Ok, so..... I'm leaning towards the cause of this issue being the TF valve cover. The baffle is just not stopping oil from getting to the PCV... with the truck running and the PCV valve out, you can see the oil build up and splash up through the valve cover hole as I give it throttle... So the PCV valve has to be sucking all this into my seperator.... I switched the PCV valve over to where the oil filler would be and it seems to be A LOT better... still sucks up a little oil but this is expected being there is no baffle there... It barely filled up half the seperator after about a 30 mile ride... So I may be looking at getting a set of stock covers as I'm just tired of trying to rig things to work.... At this point, its function over beauty.... Hope this is some decent info for the next guy, I will post up results when I swap over covers.

00blacky

Established Member
Sorry to hear about all the troubles your having, but sounds like you're on the right road now. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread