Leaked - 2018 Ford Mustang

chuckstang

Established Member
I think it is fair to say from a design standpoint, one can say objectively speaking that this is hideous. The lines just do not flow.

Beyond that, the rear spoiler looks like it is from the 90s and since when does Ford imitate the competition (copy Toyota and Camaro...really Ford)

Sorry. Please don't F up the Shelby GT350 too

paluka21

Established Member
I don't care for the lower front fascia, but other than that it looks very similar to the existing model. I actually like the spoiler on the back end.
IMO, this car would also look better in black or red.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Hood does not fit. I was hoping for more, Ford.
It better weigh less & add some HP.

Considering it will be getting stuff such as active exhaust, mag-ride and extra packages, I'm going to guess it's going to actually weigh more depending on what options you get. There are 2 performance packages they are offering. It would be nice if one was some sort of weight reduction. Being it's literally just a facelift refresh and maybe a slight power bump, I wouldn't expect anything mind blowing. I see maybe a 20-25hp power bump if they did go with the DI/PI 5.0.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
when is Ford gonna actually make the Mustang look like a MUSTANG! Dodge did it with the Challenger. Chevy did it with the Camaro. that is plain ass UGLY!

I jus don't see myself warming up to that EVER!

anyone know how much it weighs? geez I hope it went on a diet cause to see the new Mustang in 15 put on 250-300 lbs made me think this is the beginning of the end and glad I got a 2013!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Considering it will be getting stuff such as active exhaust, mag-ride and extra packages, I'm going to guess it's going to actually weigh more depending on what options you get. There are 2 performance packages they are offering. It would be nice if one was some sort of weight reduction. Being it's literally just a facelift refresh and maybe a slight power bump, I wouldn't expect anything mind blowing. I see maybe a 20-25hp power bump if they did go with the DI/PI 5.0.
More weight? :(

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
At least they didn't steal the Shelby looks this time around like they did with the '12 - '14 Mustangs. Don't bet on any reduced weight. You might see a very modest HP bump, but no more than 10 or 15 HP. Even that is a long shot. I like the tail lights. I knew those would eventually make it to production, although they looked better in the rendering. The rendering had the whole element blacked out and just the tips were lit like light bars. That was awesome looking and might still make it onto a Shelby variant.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I didn't even notice the change until someone put them side by side. Bringing back Zinc Yellow not FTW. Possibly one of the worst colors ever

cbj5259

Established Member
Not a fan. The 15-17 looks much better and the late s197's looked better than the s550. I have to agree with some of the other posters on here...if I was in the market for a pony car I would be getting a Camaro. Can't believe I'm actually saying that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
mustang 3.JPG
The interior on the other hand... it has full digital cluster!

3.JPG
More video of it. Fast forward to 3:44.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I like it...

Whoever was in charge of marketing should get a spankin'. That music to go along with the light on that day and a yellow car just don't work.

Branhammer

Established Member
I like it, but I don't think it's significantly better looking than the 2015-2017 models. I was worried that I would be saying "man I should've waited." I will probably be saying it in 2020 though haha.

Users who are viewing this thread