leaking coolant

Alex27

Established Member
Hey guys, just changed my Tstat this monday because i had a leaking tstat housing, figured i would change the tstat and seal while i was at it, got everything put back together heater was finally working again (im assuming because the air in the system was out) but as i drove a little longet i realized my heater didnt really work.. sure enough got under the car and its leaking again... :nonono: is there any kind of sealant that goes int between the parts.. might have to replace the hoses too to be on the safe side.. thanks again, wish i could post pictures but cant figure out how to.. :shrug:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Hey guys, just changed my Tstat this monday because i had a leaking tstat housing, figured i would change the tstat and seal while i was at it, got everything put back together heater was finally working again (im assuming because the air in the system was out) but as i drove a little longet i realized my heater didnt really work.. sure enough got under the car and its leaking again... :nonono: is there any kind of sealant that goes int between the parts.. might have to replace the hoses too to be on the safe side.. thanks again, wish i could post pictures but cant figure out how to.. :shrug:

try photobucket...than copy img code and pic will show in post..photobucket has a link for your cell that pics go straight to photobucket when taken

on housing tstat goes in sping side first,than o-ring...

Last edited:

Alex27

Established Member
thanks ill try that, but i just went ahead an ordered all new parts and see, maybe some new clamps too

Users who are viewing this thread