Learn from my mistake: Listen to your body

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
Well fellow Road Siders, time for a little story.

As some of you may know, I'm very much into athletic training. Between weightlifting, cardio, and fight training, I commit an average of 23 hours A WEEK to working out. Adding that to my 3 classes a semester and being in the military, I'm spread kinda thin. I've been training for a marathon and the NAGA championships, both coming up in March. I decided to take it to the next level, but I was just feeling so tired. So instead of taking a break, I decided to up my amount of pre-workout igniters.

I've been using Jack3d and C4 for a long time now. Since I committed to so many rigorous things, I assumed my body was ok to take more than normal. Well, there goes my ignorance.

Fast forward to Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend and it's Saturday. I take my girl out to eat with our friends and head back to their house to binge drink. I stepped out on the balcony and 5 hours later, I wake up in the emergency room with no idea what happened.

I had a seizure that lasted for 5 minutes and don't remember the next 5 hours of what happened due to a constant in-and-out blackout. Mind you, I am not epileptic nor have I ever had a seizure. Went to the neurologist this morning and asked what I had been doing differently. I'm sure you know what his suspicion was. This was about his 10th case of the same situation. And as of last week, these types of supplements have been banned for sale at military installations.

Moral of the story: it is NOT the supplement's fault, it is 100% mine. The constant rapid heart pumping, dizziness, anger spells, and headaches were ignored all for what? An exercise competition and a punch in the face.

CLIFFS: Trained too hard, took too many supplements, had a seizure, not epileptic. My fault. Now, let's get drunk:beer:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Oh the irony lol jk.

You alright bro?! Dude, 23 hours a week sounds like wayyyy too much unless you're trying to become professional or something.

tap-a-keg

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Damn Al I'm sorry to hear bout that. Lately I'v been messin around with ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin while working out. I'm monitoring my heart rate with a polar watch and strap around my chest. Working 12 hours here on Blackhawks then going home for 50 min on the treadmill. Then a 30 min weight routine, I don't know how much longer I can do this. Was wondering where you been? Are you gonna be ok bud?

canibus

Established Member
I take jack3d as well but i'm within the recommended dosage (2scoops). I do an extra half scoop when doing legs but it's still not at the max of 3 scoops. I also only work out about 10-15 hours total a week so i've never felt like i've overdone it. Although I must admit that I get dizzy on the punching bag sometimes, which is usually on days that I didn't eat well before the workout.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Exactly why I stopped using Jack3d you are lucky to be alive. I have a Army buddy, that told me 3 different stories of how jack3d caused 3 people he knew to have heart attacks and die. I have been taking noxipro because it is not caffeine based, and I was actually thinking about c4 next time, looks like I will just suck it up and keep using noxipro.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
Damn Al I'm sorry to hear bout that. Lately I'v been messin around with ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin while working out. I'm monitoring my heart rate with a polar watch and strap around my chest. Working 12 hours here on Blackhawks then going home for 50 min on the treadmill. Then a 30 min weight routine, I don't know how much longer I can do this. Was wondering where you been? Are you gonna be ok bud?

Yeah man, I'm feeling good. Got off of the supplements and cut back to about 16 hours a week. Quit taking blows to the head too until cleared. Be careful with ephedrine.

97samssnake

Established Member
Yeah I stopped use of Jack3d. Felt like I was coming off a meth binge, but now my preworkout is caffeine free.

canibus

Established Member
Exactly why I stopped using Jack3d you are lucky to be alive. I have a Army buddy, that told me 3 different stories of how jack3d caused 3 people he knew to have heart attacks and die. I have been taking noxipro because it is not caffeine based, and I was actually thinking about c4 next time, looks like I will just suck it up and keep using noxipro.

All really depends on your caffeine tolerance, some people don't have high tolerance and use the product in excess which results in death.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I drink a lot of caffeine so my tolerance is high, but jack made me feel tingly and I didn't like that.

canibus

Established Member
Weird, how many scoops and how often were you using it. I use 5 days a week, but never feel that way. I only get the lingering aftertaste which sucks.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
2 scoops in a bottle of water. My pumps and focus were insane, but I know my body pretty well, and I knew that wasn't normal.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Yeah man, I'm feeling good. Got off of the supplements and cut back to about 16 hours a week. Quit taking blows to the head too until cleared. Be careful with ephedrine.

I'll take that advice. I was shocked how much it increased my HR. Almost 20 beats more per min while doing cardio:??: I lost your contact on my phone, need to drop you a pm soon. Take it eazy man.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wow, I bet that scared you straight. I have tried Jack3d and am currently using MP Assault, but always stay within the recommended dosage. I get that "tingly" sensation after I drink it but before I get to the gym. Gives me the energy I need to workout after a long day at work, but I will definitely keep in mind to be careful.

Large amounts of caffeine and alcohol do not mix...hence why products like Sparks and Four-Loko were forced to reformulate their recipes.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Gotta know your limits. This is a big reason why people rhabdomyolysis.

Glad to hear you're okay now.

People should also realize that your training is probably MUCH more intense than a normal gym-goer. I remember when I did a week of combatives for the Army. And I thought I was in pretty good shape going in...haha right.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
Weird, how many scoops and how often were you using it. I use 5 days a week, but never feel that way. I only get the lingering aftertaste which sucks.

i would take 4 scoops of Jack3d or mix it 2 and 2 with C4. Keep in mind I walk around at 155, fight at 145. Not a very big dude at all.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
used jackd 3-D in past and never liked. went back to old faithful...........NO-XPLODE 2.0.
think i've tried them all: 1MR, NO SHOTGUN, JACKD 3-D, SUPERPUMP etc. and still get good enough pump off NO-XPLODE. (and i get the concept of NO FILLERS like MALTODEXTRIN) but to each their own!
definatley sounds like you pushed the limits with your supplements and workout routine. BE CAREFUL............

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
i would take 4 scoops of Jack3d or mix it 2 and 2 with C4. Keep in mind I walk around at 155, fight at 145. Not a very big dude at all.
so what was your avg HR with this concauction???..........200+/110...........DAMN BRO

Users who are viewing this thread