Learn from my mistake: Listen to your body

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
so what was your avg HR with this concauction???..........200+/110...........DAMN BRO

to tell the truth, i attributed my heart rate to how intense i was getting it in. but no, 200+ would be insanity. lol. i honestly felt like i was sprinting though. luckily, my ecg came back with flying colors. thank goodness.

Bruce954

We'll Do It Live!!
Established Member
You're putting the work in, why "cheat" with all the suppliments. That's like a female marathon runner taking diet pills, no point. You will likely get more benefit taking a day or two off and sleeping your ass off than you would over-training for two extra days a week.

Hell, using steroids would be a safer route than those shit suppliments.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
i would take 4 scoops of Jack3d or mix it 2 and 2 with C4. .

damn...that is a big dose. I take the usual 2 scoops pre-workout to give me the energy to get to the gym after work, but I walk around at 245....250 if I have a big lunch :banana:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
You're putting the work in, why "cheat" with all the suppliments. That's like a female marathon runner taking diet pills, no point. You will likely get more benefit taking a day or two off and sleeping your ass off than you would over-training for two extra days a week.

BIG +1

So unhealthy.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You stated you went somewhere to drink, how much alcohol did you consume (if any)?

My buddy trains with the Diaz brothers and doesnt touch alcohol at all for that same reason. Sat night he asked for a bunch of h2o during my beer run.

Stims and depressants (alcohol) = recipe for fail. Keep telling my ex that her weekend ritual of Monster+Jager is gonna **** her up one day.

Glad to see you got through it. You need to chill out for a but imo, enjoy life, dont try to race yourself to the end....

rickrubin2

Established Member
I'm 5,7 and I use to weigh 170 only thing I was taking was a protein shake and one day I started to have what felt like little jitters in my chest like a muscle twitch. When to the doctor and found out I had a valve prolapse and I haven't been to the gym in 8 months and now weigh like 145

CobraKid04

Established Member
my best friend got messed up while using Jack3d. He was on 2 scoopes (175lbs guy) and worked out around 10 hours a week. He started to get dizzy during one of our workouts and decided to go home. He got home and started getting real dizzy and almost blacking out. He when to the ED and they said his kidneys are becoming messed up. Meaning there are only working at 80%.

He stayed dizzy for about 2 weeks. I stopped using Jack3d awhile ago due to getting somewhat dizzy.

as far a C4. It was good for a while.

I'd stay away from Jack3d.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would imagine that side effects of taking more than the recommended dosage will vary from person to person. The real lesson and value of this thread is taking heed to recommended max dosages. So many people today push the limits of their bodies and can easily cross the line in this area. Thankfully Al came out of this okay. I take mineral supplements and even with those I am careful to not exceed the recommendations.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member

Supplements aren't cheating. In fact they're name tells you exactly what they are designed to do--supplement a healthy diet. When used incorrectly or in excess, things can go bad. That doesn't mean that supplements shouldn't be used.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
agree with statement said earlier....."supplements are NOT cheating". most of these supplements are inhibitors to what your body produces naturally. now with that said, i do not like TESTOSTERONE "PERIOD". to me......that's CHEATING!!!
i i'm all about exercising without the aid of N.O. inhibitors but it's nice to jump start the day with that ALIVE feeling. going to the gym, jogging 10k, or cycling 100mi feeling like a zombie is for the birds. if done right, no harm/no foul!!!!
n.o.-protein-aminos-vits-electrolytes-rest and clean diet is the key

Last edited:

bullitt1672

Established Member
Sorry to hear that, hope you're doing well!

I'm pretty sensitive to stimulates because I hardly ever drink caffeine (don't drink soda or coffee.) I tried N.0.explode and it made me very tingly and gave me a headache. I have been taking Rage by Chaotic Labz and get a great workout/pump from it, and don't feel bad at all afterwards. It recommends 3 scoops but I only do 1.5 because I'm only 150 lbs.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

+1. You have to know when and where to cycle in rest. I work out for 15-20 hours a week. Sometimes I eclipse 20 hours a week but I always cycle in rest and sometimes multiple days in a row. A month ago I did a 6 hour long workout and burnt roughly 4500 calories. So I took the next 4 days off.

I don't take any supplements with the exception of my coffee in the morning. From a military stand point why mess around with supplements? In a conventional war you wont have that shit with you and you can really reduce your combat effectiveness when your body is used to and dependent on supplements but then all the sudden doesn't have any. Your recovery time, alertness, focus and mental stamina ie resillience to sleep deprivation will all suffer greatly.

The other aspect I see here that could be a problem is you are trying to accomplish too many goals all at once. Training for a full marathon and trying to gain muscle and strength at the same time is INSANELY difficult. It takes an extreme amount of attention to a perfect diet with just the right amount of weight training, running and sleep. When I ran my first full marathon a few years ago I was lifting 4 days a week with the intention of just maintaining. Once the marathon was over and I scaled back my mileage the gains I saw in the weight room were awesome. Same happend last year after my first ultra(35 miles) I gained 5 pounds of muscle 2 weeks after I scaled back the mileage. However, I likely lost at least that much the month prior to and during the event. So again, you can't really have both. Now I'm training for a 100k+(62+miles) in December with the intention of just maintaining my current muscle and srength but focusing on muscular endurance while craming in all the miles. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Pick one or the other and stick with it.

blwn306

Established Member
Damn I did my fair share of sups in high school...I'm all natural now no need to die in the process of trying to be healthy lol

Users who are viewing this thread