Learn me on Fuel pump duty cycle

CanuckSnake

Established Member
Hey, just figuring out how to Data-log for the first time. Trying to figure out why its falling on its face around 5000rpm under full throttle. What should my fuel pump duty cycles be, whats normal at idle ,under throttle and whats bad. Its all new to me so go slow. What else should I data-log?
Thanks

TVSCobra

Established Member
Like some have already said you need to keep your FPDC under 85-90% at WOT full load conditions. Most have no idea their duty cycle is too high until they develop a problem, or if system voltage begins to fall to low.

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
How can you calculate the duty cycle %? I look at my datalog and I don't see a column for duty cycle, so you must have to figure it out?

TVSCobra

Established Member
How are you logging? Handheld or using Livelink? If you are using your handheld, what tuner device do you have? Your programmer may not be configured for FPDC.

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
How are you logging? Handheld or using Livelink? If you are using your handheld, what tuner device do you have? Your programmer may not be configured for FPDC.

I'm using the xcal 2 plugged into the laptop running live link I believe (an sct program just not sure of the name). I use the configuration that the tuner (VMP Tuning) sends me and it captures everything he wants to monitor.

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Found it. Mine hits 88.9999 at approx 6500 rpm's. Looks like I am at my limit.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Mine were maxxed at 100% and now I have a bap and it is hitting right around 76% at redline. At idle i am right around 36%. If you are at 90% u should be okay but it is a little to close for comfort for me. Make sure you change your fuel filter pretty regularly.

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Funny you should mention that, I changed my fule filter and installed the MAFia and did a log. Now my max is 84.68%. Not sure if that is because of the filter change or maybe the tune revision. We'll see.

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
Even with a BAP my FPDC was 100% from 4000-6500. i guess im starving for fuel even though my A/F are fine. pump out?

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
My car is hitting what seems like a rev limit or fuel cut right around 5000rpm as well, I just got my Diablo Predator and logged my FPDC and it seems to max at 50.000% so I'm guessing my fuel pumps are fine, what else can I do? If my fuel filter was clogged, wouldn't my FPDC be way up? Plugs are fresh TR6's gapped at .034. Tried it with the stock tune and the diablo tune and it still does it??

Users who are viewing this thread