Leasing is now available on 2014's

Lawrenzo

Established Member
The residuals and money factors came out today from US Bank:

3 year 12k miles has a residual of 60% and a $0 down money factor of .00192 (4.61%) which are actually pretty good numbers.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Why anyone would lease a GT500 is beyond me. If you can only afford the GT500 with a lease, its way too much car then.

Lawrenzo

Established Member
Why anyone would lease a GT500 is beyond me. If you can only afford the GT500 with a lease, its way too much car then.

Let's see, how about the fact that a leasee doesn't have to pay full sales tax when he takes delivery- an 8% savings in California. Sure I will pay it on a monthly basis but I tend to switch over to something new within a year or two anyways so when it's time to move on I can simply sell it to a broker(no hassles dealing with deadbeats and tirekickers) with a lower payoff than if I had purchased it. Also, in case you don't know it a business owner can write off the monthly payment off his taxes much easier with a lease- which saves about 35-45% off the cost during ownership. These are both very strong financial incentives in my book.

As far as "affording" it, if you are refering to me personally, you don't know me or my circumstances. I can "afford" to spend $45,000 a year for my child's private college education, so don't assume anything.:nono:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Let's see, how about the fact that a leasee doesn't have to pay full sales tax when he takes delivery- an 8% savings in California. Sure I will pay it on a monthly basis but I tend to switch over to something new within a year or two anyways so when it's time to move on I can simply sell it to a broker(no hassles dealing with deadbeats and tirekickers) with a lower payoff than if I had purchased it. Also, in case you don't know it a business owner can write off the monthly payment off his taxes much easier with a lease- which saves about 35-45% off the cost during ownership. These are both very strong financial incentives in my book.

As far as "affording" it, if you are refering to me personally, you don't know me or my circumstances. I can "afford" to spend $45,000 a year for my child's private college education, so don't assume anything.:nono:

There is a pretty big difference between your child's education and a car. To each their own, you started the thread with nothing but a statement.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

I wasn't referring to you.

The disadvantages of a lease is it is always more expensive then buying a car. That is because at the end of the lease you have nothing to show for all those payments. You can either drop the car off or buy it at the residual value.

Nonetheless, Ford doesn't offer leasing on the GT500 anyhow.

Last edited:

Lawrenzo

Established Member
Sorry then. I get a little bent out of shape when I see people assuming that they know everything about another member by just a few posts on a car forum.

For me and my circumstances it makes sense. For others it won't.

I was simply letting other potential owners know that they are available now.

Last edited:

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
The disadvantages of a lease is it is always more expensive then buying a car. That is because at the end of the lease you have nothing to show for all those payments. You can either drop the car off or buy it at the residual value..

You should look into how the other poster rebutted you. Lawrenzo is correct. You are not in so far as you claim leasing is always more expensive.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Would you buy a used gt500 that was once leased? It would have probably been driven harder then a nascar on race day its whole life.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Caveat Emptor

To each his own, but leasing is the most expensive way to never buy a car. True, businesses can write off lease payments at tax time, but purchasers can also write off depreciation. True, sales tax is paid monthly on the value of the car you are using, but (in most states) sales taxes at purchase is calculated by using new car cost minus trade in value, which arrives at essentially the same tax burden. So there is no financial incentive there either for most people.

Also, financing is currently available for less than 3%, less than typical lease finance cost.

Thinking about it from the lessor's perspective: they are purchasing a car and renting it to the lessee. The lessee will have to pay enough to cover the lost value of the car plus overhead and profit; otherwise the lessor goes out of business. If you purchase, you will incur the same cost or less than a lessor, therefore saving yourself money.

Car Leasing - daveramsey.com

The whole conversation is akin to jumping over dollars to save a dime anyway. The REAL cost burden comes from the depreciation loss of buying a new car every year or two...regardless if you pay cash, finance, or lease.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Leasing has been available on the GT500 through local banks since it came out- just gotta find the banks that do it. And it appears us bank just jumped into the fray

There just hasn't been a ford program for the GT500. I do remember the "power lease" for did on 04 Cobras and 04 Lightnings for a short time

Leasing is designed to drive market share and move units. Ford isn't really having a hard time moving these.

That being said- leasing is good for someone that doesn't drive alot of miles, wants a new car every couple of years, and wants a low payment- which is subsidized by the manufacturer in most cases. It also gives dealers a direct line to good quality used, certifiable cars a few years down the road.

On bread and butter cars (civic, accord, fusion, Taurus, impala, Camry) it's almost always a cheaper payment that purchasing the same car. And most people don't have to come up with much money down

Leasing isn't for everybody. But it is good for a good number of people that fit a lease profile.

Users who are viewing this thread