Leaving for training 4/5

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
So I swore in yesterday and I leave for Fort Benning in April. There were a good amount of people at MEPS so it took a while to get done everything, glad that's over. And now I wait...

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Oh what Job?

Ft. Benning...only one that matters. In Fin Tree.

Youve got a pretty good date for basic. It's not too hot in April and not too cold either. However, since you'll be doing OSUT you'll definitely get to feel the heat and humidity. Enjoy Sand Hill.

Last edited:

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
OOOO benning is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....you'll see a girl after 5-7 weeks and think she is the hottest thing in the world lol our supply Sgt was hot as hell "when i was there"

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
OOOO benning is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....you'll see a girl after 5-7 weeks and think she is the hottest thing in the world lol our supply Sgt was hot as hell "when i was there"

Even the nasty fat civilian contractors in the chow hall start to look ok after many weeks LOL!

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
Lol. My goal is to go to airborne school, so as soon as this damn snow clears I'm gonna start running again. I've only been running twice a week so I have pick it up

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Lol. My goal is to go to airborne school, so as soon as this damn snow clears I'm gonna start running again. I've only been running twice a week so I have pick it up

Airborne school's a joke. You really dont need to be in great shape for it.

Air assault's a different story.

jf4boogie

Established Member
Ft. Benning...they also have a sniper school correct?

Any of you guys ever been through it?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, that's where the sniper school is.

And no, I have not. Ive always wanted to fire the Barrett though, which they get to shoot.

That gun is no joke. I had my head a little too far forward when I fired it..... Bam got a nice circular cut on my nose:kaboom:

TrevorR90

Banned

LMFAO Yeah when i was at sand hill there were these females that sold rings that were butt ugly, the guys in my platoon thought they were the hottest thing.. Enjoy Benning and basic I know I did....

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Um, you have to be in some sort of shape, their PT test was very strict, had to be perfect form and everything..

If you cant pass a pt test, you shouldnt go to Airborne school.

Airborne schools easy. It's much less physical than air assault.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If you cant pass a pt test, you shouldnt go to Airborne school.

Airborne schools easy. It's much less physical than air assault.

^^^^true. Air Assault still isn't that difficult IMO. The hardest part wasn't the physical demand but rather the attention to detail during sling load operations. More people failed that stage than any other.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
^^^^true. Air Assault still isn't that difficult IMO. The hardest part wasn't the physical demand but rather the attention to detail during sling load operations. More people failed that stage than any other.

I was solely speaking from the physical aspect. I know quite a few get sent home on the obstacle course alone.

The Tough One can be a bitch for some people if they've never done it.

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
Hey guys I'm at the USO in the phily airport. This is it, I fly out today. Talk to you guys when I come back

Users who are viewing this thread