Leaving from Dinner, see a Charger parked/hit front of my GT500

TXRickC

Established Member
It's really hard to have anything nice anymore. Leaving local wing joint, parked out and away (got busy after we arrived) and I see a Charger parked in front of my Mustang. Looks close, and dammit the front plate bracket of the Charger is pushed into the front bumper of the GT500.

Waited for 20 min and took pics from all angles. Decide to run plate on public data, got two names and searched those and found Facebook/Twitter profiles for both. My wife made a round of the wing place, didn't see a match for the girl, I had a pic of a guy so I went and looked and found them. Guy was cool and came out and got his insurance info etc.

So now the PITA part of getting it fixed, and fixed right. There is a 5" stress line where my front plate would be (never put one on, still no holes)

With my history of body shops, the paint on the front never seems to hold up as good with bugs and, gasp, rock chips (none to date).

So I'm thinking I may get estimate and see if they want to pay out of pocket and I'll just bite the bullet and put a front plate on?

large.jpg

Last edited:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
That would piss me off. I'm so glad I don't have a nice car anymore. If you want to ding my minivan or Accord sedan be my guest, I don't give a shit.

Sorry to hear. I would not just cover it with a front license plate...hell no!

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Wow..some people. You handled this much better than I would have. I'd have mashed his bag while I separated the cars via his face...

And...I'd park my GT500 WAY AWAY from ANY opportunity for this to happen.

Since you have his insurance...get it professionally fixed...and move on. And start parking in the "Back-40"...

jrandy

Established Member
i wouldn't put a front plate on. get it fixed if there is damage and move on

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
i would fix it...the paint is new and being white should be easy to blend it

96project

Established Member
I would have called the cops and did anything else I could'a done to teach him a lesson. Probably not the first time hes done it. Reguardless of if hes a nice guy or not.. still needs to learn his lesson.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
That would piss me off. I'm so glad I don't have a nice car anymore. If you want to ding my minivan or Accord sedan be my guest, I don't give a shit.

Sorry to hear. I would not just cover it with a front license plate...hell no!

Wow..some people. You handled this much better than I would have. I'd have mashed his bag while I separated the cars via his face...

Since you have his insurance...get it professionally fixed...and move on. And start parking in the "Back-40"...

i wouldn't put a front plate on. get it fixed if there is damage and move on

This

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with everyone else as far as getting it fixed. I understand you're concerned about the fix being done right, so do some checking and find the best shop you can. The right shop should be able to fix that bumper so that it will hold up nicely.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I had something like this happen to my 95 Lincoln. Guy backs into the parking space in front of me. Actually it was cross barred off as no parking. He was driving an old Chevy pick up. With one big, humongous hitch with a triple ball set up. Backed right into the front nose. I went in and confronted him at the ball game. He was nice about but before I could get back out he took off. Acted like no big deal and said he was sorry. At least it did not permanently damage the nose. Pissed me off because he could have cared less.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Excellent detective work! I'll have to remember doing that if/when the same thing happens to me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

S8ER01Z

Established Member

That seems to invite people todo that crap.

I saw a prowler park in the back 40 once and some assholes parked right on top of it with their beater and bashed the door in before they took off.

Users who are viewing this thread