Leaving tonight to move to Destin, FL!!!!

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
Anyone on here live in or around Destin, FL? I'll be leaving tonight around 8pm and driving through the night. I'll be getting there probably around the late morning tomarrow. I pulled an all nighter last night and slept all day today so that I would k be wide awake for the drive. I'm looking for some new people to meet in the area. I have one buddy that "ll be meeting down there who lives there but other than that... I don't know anyone or anything to do.

I think my buddy plans on taking the boat out this weekend but other than that I don't have too many plans other than looking for an apartment. I'm currently driving an S-10 that's lowered. I just sold my stang because of the move. I plan on throwing a build 350 in it with a 700turbo tranny, and a Ford 9" so I'm still gonna stay in the performance vehicle scene. I'd like to meet some new people though. Let me know what's going on. :rockon:

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
03gtcoupe said:
Why would you move from awsome St. Louis?
I don't understand? I've lived here all my life so I don't find anything here anything I haven't done already. I'm moving for a job.

If you think it's awesome here. I'll just say that it's 102-104 degrees today. And with our humidity here the heat index is 120. Not cool, and it's like you can't even breathe outside. And last night we had a horrible storm that caused closed to 650,000 people to be without power. I really feel bad for them. It's hotter than balls today. They have brought in Amerin UE people from 9 other states to get the power back on but supposedly they're not going to have it back on for atleast 5 days...

SilverLx

Established Member
What's up man. I don't post much here, but I'm a longtime reader. I live in Valparaiso, about 15 minutes away from Destin if you take the midbay bridge. Haha, tired of heat and rain? You're moving to the wrong place :). We get hammered by hurricanes yearly and have our nice share of wickedly humid weather. In anycase, you'll like it here. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
:uh oh:
FBMphil said:
That sucks. Panhandle is pretty much redneck central.
I guess I'll fit right in then. My buddy who lives there was saying there are alot of lifted trucks so that kind of makes sense. Can't wait for a hurricane :uh oh:

Ben 98

Established Member
REPOEDsDIME said:
I don't understand? I've lived here all my life so I don't find anything here anything I haven't done already. I'm moving for a job.

If you think it's awesome here. I'll just say that it's 102-104 degrees today. And with our humidity here the heat index is 120. Not cool, and it's like you can't even breathe outside. And last night we had a horrible storm that caused closed to 650,000 people to be without power. I really feel bad for them. It's hotter than balls today. They have brought in Amerin UE people from 9 other states to get the power back on but supposedly they're not going to have it back on for atleast 5 days...

Hey man I was in St. Louis a few weeks ago doing some charity construction in some low income areas. St. Louis seems like a pretty cool place, but you will love Destin hot ass women every where!

bunk22

Established Member
I was in Destin last week. I'm moving to Pensacola in early September........from San Diego :( All I can say is it can be worse and Destin isn't the worst. At least along the beach, it's very nice.

rmgtc01

Established Member
03gtcoupe said:
Why would you move from awsome St. Louis?

What!! Destin is the Shizzle. I was stationed up there and would move back in a heartbeat! Beaches are gorgeous, traffic isn't bad and it is just an all around nice place to live.

Mostly military there; active and retired. But houses are still somewhat reasonable and you get a lot more up there than you do in central and south FL. I go up there every now and again to visit old military buddies.

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I was stationed at Hurlburt Fld. and lived in the Ft. Walton Area for 11 years. I haven't been there since '96 though. From the sat pictures I've seen the area has changed allot since I've been there. Wish I would have bought land in Navarre back in '84 when I was first stationed there. The only thing I know that hasn't changed, read up on Hurricane preparedness...

rmgtc01

Established Member
WraithCobra said:
I was stationed at Hurlburt Fld. and lived in the Ft. Walton Area for 11 years. I haven't been there since '96 though. From the sat pictures I've seen the area has changed allot since I've been there. Wish I would have bought land in Navarre back in '84 when I was first stationed there. The only thing I know that hasn't changed, read up on Hurricane preparedness...

+1 you know what I am talking about. It's waaay more built up now and I left there in 02. I can't wait till I have the opportunity to go back.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
you will love it down here.im stationed at eglin afb,tho currently deployed.but just about the entire area is badass.the local american muscle forum is gulfcoastmuscle.org. see ya around town

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
we lived there from 92-95, it was a great place to live. however, we went back for the first time last year and then again this year and it is a totally different place, i didn't recognize most of it. but it is still a great place, you'll enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread