LED Tag Lites

procharger

Established Member
Here is stock
Picture053.gif

Then with LEDs I made
Picture055.gif

And up until I sold the car this Wednesday they never blewout. I am going to do some for my new car I will post how when I am done.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
I'm gonna do the LED trunk light and interior dome/map lights here soon, so after I measure and order I will post up pics and the correct part numbers to use from superbrightleds.com

Evan5469

Established Member
I'm gonna do the LED trunk light and interior dome/map lights here soon, so after I measure and order I will post up pics and the correct part numbers to use from superbrightleds.com

Any updates? I'd like to get the tag, dome and trunk lights all at once. All the pics look really good and appear to be a nice upgrade over the dull yellow stockers.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Sorry for the delay homie, been working like a slave lately and haven't had anytime to play with the car yet. I'm off work Tuesday and will get exact measurements and some part numbers.

Evan5469

Established Member
Sorry for the delay homie, been working like a slave lately and haven't had anytime to play with the car yet. I'm off work Tuesday and will get exact measurements and some part numbers.

No problem. I'm in no rush, I just didn't want to order the wrong stuff. I look forward to your findings tomorrow.:banana:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member

Titanium 5.0

Oh Oh.. 5.0!
Established Member
What a joke dude, they want $20 for 2 standard wedge bulbs?

Go to superbrightled.com and order 2 of the led wedge bulbs, I think 197 is the size. If your tag lights, like usually all are, are teh wedge bulbs then your good to go.

Thanks bro! I'll order them asap :beer:

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Got the 3 LED festoon bulb in the trunk light, but either way it's just not enough to illuminate the whole trunk so I'm thinking of getting one the LED lightbars to mount in the trunk as well.

PDubs

Established Member
If you look at 03yllwguy's pic, it'll be much brighter with the LED lightbars. I unplugged my trunk light and installed 3 LED lightbars (using his How-To) and the whole damn trunk is now illuminated. There's no need to go through the hassle of the trunk light. Just install the LED lightbars and you're good, this is a great mod if you actually use the trunk at night.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
If you look at 03yllwguy's pic, it'll be much brighter with the LED lightbars. I unplugged my trunk light and installed 3 LED lightbars (using his How-To) and the whole damn trunk is now illuminated. There's no need to go through the hassle of the trunk light. Just install the LED lightbars and you're good, this is a great mod if you actually use the trunk at night.

Got any pics to show cuz i'd like to see it so I can be sold and get a LED lightbar, plus I'd like to see how you mounted it and everything as well to give me a general idea.

SVTfan4life

Established Member
^ looks good IMO. I think im goin to order the dome/map lights, amber turn signals, and tag lights, maybe along with the reverse lights... cant wait!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Looks good PDubs. IMO it makes the trunk light useless and looks better.

Users who are viewing this thread