LED Tag Lites

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
That's freakin awesome Pdubs. Did you just order the white led light bars from superbright leds? If so how did you mount them up? Plus just wired them into the factory wiring harness for the factory trunk light? Do you have a part number?

Last edited:

PDubs

Established Member
Here's the original thread I followed by 03yllwguy [Link]

I followed his instructions pretty close. The only difference being I tapped into the trunk light lead for my wires because I didn't want to mess with the liner. I removed the trunk light altogether and I used three LED strips because more is better right? :)

In the link you'll see the parts you need. They come with double-sided tape and are holding up so far, even in the Texas heat. I haven't cleaned it up as you can tell from the pics, but it should give you an idea. Really easy to install, just splice and tape.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I'll give it a whirl too. Probably going to do 1 28" in the trunk and a 2.5" where the stocker was as I have a lid liner w/snake I'd like to illuminate.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Here's the original thread I followed by 03yllwguy [Link]

I followed his instructions pretty close. The only difference being I tapped into the trunk light lead for my wires because I didn't want to mess with the liner. I removed the trunk light altogether and I used three LED strips because more is better right? :)

In the link you'll see the parts you need. They come with double-sided tape and are holding up so far, even in the Texas heat. I haven't cleaned it up as you can tell from the pics, but it should give you an idea. Really easy to install, just splice and tape.

Awesome info, thanks for the link homie!

Tractionless1

Established Member
Last edited:

cltgt

Life is a drag race
Established Member
I think I am going to order these myself. Has anyone tried using 1157 LED's for brake lights and turn signals? Wonder if it is too much. I like the idea of LED's running cooler and using less power consumption.

Users who are viewing this thread