LED tail lights?

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
all, I'm wondering about doing the LED brake lights. now I have the 99-01 cobra tail lights installed on my cobra, but I'm wondering if it will be of any benefit to make the lights LED's. anyone have any pictures etc? opinions?

Thanks
Phillip

Vette Eater

Established Member
I don't have the taillights but I have the reverse and tag lights....email this guy and tell him what forum you're on...prices are [email protected]

attachment.php

GA Terminator

Established Member
I also have the tag and reverse led's. I would be interested in the barke lights as well - does anyone make/sell them??

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
would the led brakes require a different flasher though?

All of the brake lights are the same. They use a 3157 LED Bulb. On the 99-04 cars you'll need 4 resistors. One resistor per turn signal bulb. Since the 99-04 cars have 2 bulbs blink on each side when turning each of those will require a resistor to keep the bulbs from having the fast blink like you get when a turn signal bulb is out. We carry a kit which includes all 6 brake light bulbs and the 4 resistors for $124.95.

Here's a link.
Recon 99-04 Mustang Brake Light Kit (Includes 6 LED Bulbs) [264207WHX6] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
now what can you do about a 99 cobra tail lights? my red doesn't blink on turn signal. it's the amber area only?

Please take an up close picture of one side of the tail light assembly and I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks, Jared

JymBart

Established Member
All of the brake lights are the same. We carry a kit which includes all 6 brake light bulbs and the 4 resistors for $124.95.
Thanks, Jared

Is this kit plug & play?

JymBart

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Is this kit plug & play?

JymBart

Indeed it is. The bulbs simply replace the stock bulbs in their stock sockets. Then all you do is install the resistors (1) per turn signal bulb with the supplied wire taps and your done.

It's about a 25 minute job.

Thanks,
Jared

cltgt

Life is a drag race
Established Member
I tried to install led tail lights but it wouldn't work. I guess it is because i didn't have the resistors.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I tried to install led tail lights but it wouldn't work. I guess it is because i didn't have the resistors.

Can you elaborate a little more for us on what you mean by "it wouldn't work" ?

What brand bulbs are you using?

Keep in mind LEDs are polarity sensitive. Meaning if they are plugged imto the bulb socket one way and aren't working you need to turn the bulb around in the socket to get the polarity right.

The only thing the resistor is used for on a 99-04 car is the turn signals. They will keep you from getting the fast blinking turn signal as if a bulb was out. Besides that they bulbs should still light up.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Users who are viewing this thread