LED tail lights?

autotrix

Established Member
This is another board members posted you tube video with our sequential kit installed with LED's and our slower Turn signal flasher. I think it is one of the best looking set-ups I have seen.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyKbICOH7Fo"]YouTube- Autotrix sequential tails With led bulbs[/nomedia]

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
:pop:

Thinking about doing this for a long time:

I've seen the LED bulbs on Summit Racing's site (PUTCO LED). Very pricy though, but like the "no questions asked" return policy. I will be spending some $$$ to figure out which ones work the best.....

Or cheaping out by trying some from eBAy or picking up an actual set of LED tail-lamps in black or carbon-fiber look.

DSGCOBRA03

Established Member
I ordered recon leds from lethal last year but I had to take them out and put my stockers back in because they were way too dim. I'm not real happy about it considering they were over a 100 dollars.

keith89

Established Member
I ordered recon leds from lethal last year but I had to take them out and put my stockers back in because they were way too dim. I'm not real happy about it considering they were over a 100 dollars.

+1 Such BS that they're advertised brighter than stock.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

I bought a few Recon bulbs among others and they were some of the worst ones I've tried.

I've experimented with about 7 different bulbs in the tails so far. :lol1:

Jefe

Established Member
I've experimented with about 7 different bulbs in the tails so far. :lol1:

As far as LED backup lights? Which are the best? I need something brighter back there for sure. I wouldnt mind blinding people either just as long as it doesnt melt anything

Users who are viewing this thread