Lemon law help

GoneNsixty

Established Member
Ok guys need advice…
I bought a brand new Nissan armada and the day I drove it off lot the airbag light starts flashing. Take it back three different times. The first two times I stayed there about four hours and the couldn't figure it out. This last time it's been there three weeks for same thing. Going to dealership to yell tomorrow what can I say? Lemon law or something please help.

txyaloo

Established Member
Ok guys need advice…
I bought a brand new Nissan armada and the day I drove it off lot the airbag light starts flashing. Take it back three different times. The first two times I stayed there about four hours and the couldn't figure it out. This last time it's been there three weeks for same thing. Going to dealership to yell tomorrow what can I say? Lemon law or something please help.

Three weeks? Holy shit, I hope you started bugging them daily after the first week.

Have they given you any indication of why it's taking so long to repair?

Lemon law won't do you any good at this point. Louisiana's law says the car has to have been in the shop for 90 days total or four separate repair trips. It sounds like you need to talk to the GM of the dealership.

GoneNsixty

Established Member
Mississippi lemon law says 15 days or more in shop. I have been calling, they have changed out one wiring harness now the say the need to swap another.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know, the amount of time in the shop and being 3 visits I would think the Lemon Law is something to check on. Contact your state department and see where you stand. If your state is anything like CT, a committee then examines your claim and makes a decision either way. So you could actually submit a claim and lose. And I believe in CT you cannot appeal the decision. It becomes final. The more serious the issue the better chance you have. I would definitely meet with the dealer's president/owner/general manager and discuss it. Bear in mind that this issue directly relates to the safety equipment. That IMO escalates this to a more serious issue. Your life could depend on it. Heck, if it were me I would tell the dealer that if when you get the car back it happens a fourth time you want a new car. Are they willing to risk your life with an airbag issue? Serious stuff IMO.

oilwell1415

Established Member
If they've had it for three weeks they at least need to make your payment for this month.

As TX says, if it requires four trips or 90 days to fix you aren't there yet. Go pick it up and take it back next week.

Talking to the dealer probably won't do you any good. I think Lemon Law claims are handled at a higher level than warranty service.

king nothing

Established Member
Talking to the dealer probably won't do you any good. I think Lemon Law claims are handled at a higher level than warranty service.
True, but the dealer might want to get ahead of it and keep it from getting to that level. If I had that problem and the dealer took care of me Id probably go back and tell my friends the same

oilwell1415

Established Member
True, but the dealer might want to get ahead of it and keep it from getting to that level. If I had that problem and the dealer took care of me Id probably go back and tell my friends the same

Or the dealer may want it to get to that level so they don't have to worry about it any more. They go to bat for the customer on the Lemon Law claim, customer gets a new car, and then tells everyone how the dealer took care of them.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I would think this should definatly fall under the lemon law if they don't get it fixed. Being that there may be a malfunction with the air bag system, one would think it wouldn't work properly in the event of an accident which is a serious safety issue.

Users who are viewing this thread