Let me know what you think about this deal..

ORANGE04SVT

Established Member
Ok I was browsing ebay the other day over lunch and came across a 2003 black cobra with 23,000 miles and a kenne bell S/C. So I scroll down to see the description of the car and it says buy it now for $4,500 yes thats right $4,500. I decided to shoot the seller an email to inform of the error in price. He in turn says that the price is correct. I sent another email stating if indeed he only wants $4,500 for the car I would drive to florida tommorrow (I live in Pa.) and pick up the car. This is what I found out:
Currently the guy lives in Spain and works for shell International. He doesn't want to take the car to Spain or pay to store it in the US. All of the cash transfer he wants to do through ebay protection program although he already ended the auction. He wants me to send $1,500 as a deposit then I will look and drive the car, if I decide to purchase I have 10 days to send him the rest of the funds through ebay protection program.
I realize this sounds to good to be true, but everything through ebay should be insured correct. Let me know what you guys think or would do to find out if this is just a scam or the real deal...

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Sounds REALLY fake to me. :shrug:
$4,500 is what the KB with supporting mods are worth...
I would stay away from it-remember If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
Total scam! If he had been recieving a bunch of e-mails he would have gotten rid of it the first day! Buyer beware! :nono:

ORANGE04SVT

Established Member
Yeah I realize that it is probably to good to be true, but I am wondering if I would try it and send my money through ebay like he insists that I do, that would be guaranteed right?

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Why would you send your money for a car that you have never seen before or even know exists?
Even with the Ebay protection thing I would NEVER send someone my money unless I recived an item or worked out a REAL agreement.
Can you atleast post his ebay name? Whats his feedback, when did he register....?

ORANGE04SVT

Established Member
I didn't send any money yet, and I don't have any ebay info. I didn't think to write his user name, or auction number or even his replies because I was simply trying to inform him of a misprint in his ad. After I found out the price was supposedly not a typo., he had ended the auction early. All I know is that his name is Paul and he is stationed in Spain for 2 years. The seller wants me to send $1500 as a deposit and the other $3000 after I view and approve the car. I just want to know if I would go through ebay, if I could get this money back if it turned out to be a scam? Isn't that the whole idea of the buyer protection? I realize this is probably a scam, but wouldn't it be awesome if it was the real deal.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
ORANGE04SVT said:
Ok I was browsing ebay the other day over lunch and came across a 2003 black cobra with 23,000 miles and a kenne bell S/C. So I scroll down to see the description of the car and it says buy it now for $4,500 yes thats right $4,500. I decided to shoot the seller an email to inform of the error in price. He in turn says that the price is correct. I sent another email stating if indeed he only wants $4,500 for the car I would drive to florida tommorrow (I live in Pa.) and pick up the car. This is what I found out:
Currently the guy lives in Spain and works for shell International. He doesn't want to take the car to Spain or pay to store it in the US. All of the cash transfer he wants to do through ebay protection program although he already ended the auction. He wants me to send $1,500 as a deposit then I will look and drive the car, if I decide to purchase I have 10 days to send him the rest of the funds through ebay protection program.
I realize this sounds to good to be true, but everything through ebay should be insured correct. Let me know what you guys think or would do to find out if this is just a scam or the real deal...

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

TOTAL BULL SHIT!!!! He could have sold the car to any one of a thousand dealerships for triple that price (at least) with no problem. SCAM!!! And if he really worked for Shell and he was a top guy they sent overseas, don't you think they would have taken care of little things like cars, homes and other things he owns??? I know a little about being relocated by a large multinational company and these types of issues are all taken care of.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

(I love all them fingers and flags workng like like soldiers!!)

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
BTW where in FL is it? If it's close maybe I could go check it out and see whats up?

that's the thing, the car is not in Florida. The real car is owned by someone else and the scammer took pics from another listing or somewhere else and made a totally fake listing.

RTR GHIG

Established Member
Tommy98016 said:
that's the thing, the car is not in Florida. The real car is owned by someone else and the scammer took pics from another listing or somewhere else and made a totally fake listing.

That is exactly how those scams work. The scammers always go with a low deposit usually under $2000.00. They are not greedy, the get $1.5K here, $1K there and so on. So in the end you get screwed for $2K and ebay can't do a damn thing because the transacation is being done overseas. :nonono: Read ebays rules carefully :coolman:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
I have to agree with all the skeptics here... Even with the eBay buyer protection it's not ironclad that you'll be 100% protected. I'd say pass. If it is a real deal (highly doubtful, but let's play along for argument sake), then there's got to be something with the car that will justify the ridculous price of $4500. Even with 'Bill Gates' type wealth, a person would be beyond foolish to post, let alone complete, such a transaction. Think of it this way... to sell a car of this caliber for that price, obviously the guy's got financial security (if this was legit). Then, why not donate it to charity and take a large deduction considering he has to remit taxes for this time and earnings he spent in the US. Just too much to not be comfortable with this.

If you do go through with it, the best of luck to you:beer:

Christian

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
total scam. I worked ebay for a month or so chasing this guy. Same story every time. Somewhere in Europe. Car is perfect. Free this and that. Dont even bother. Report to ebay!

Users who are viewing this thread