Let me know what you think about this deal..

03KingCobra

Established Member
total scam! I have seen this before on ebay but it's usually like a 04 viper for like $7000.00 with the same bullsh!t line, moving out of the country and can't take the car with me. It sounds just like it is :bs:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
2003 cobra...
buy it now for $4,500...
the guy lives in Spain...
send $1,500 as a deposit...
sounds to good to be true...
That's the latest generation of ebay scams. And the kicker to many of these is that the seller can have a great feedback history. So many people are compromising their ebay passwords in phishing schemes, scammers never seem to run out of fresh user accounts to hijack.

This was a clever one I saw not too long ago... The auction was for a completely restored 1969 GTO Judge. It was probably worth an easy $60,000. Here's how the ad read...

This was my son's car. He was killed in a motorcycle accident 2 years ago. I just need to sell it to get it out of the garage. I really don't know anything about it.
I think the "Buy it Now" price was $4,500. :rollseyes

ORANGE04SVT

Established Member
I never siad that I was buying the car....I just wanted to see what you guys thought. For any of you Florida residents, the car is supposedly located in Eustis, Florida. The guy's name is Paul, his email is [email protected], and the cars VIN # 1fafp48yx3f432383. He also emailed me pics but I don't know how to post them. If you want to see them provide me your email and I will forward them to you. Maybe someone will recognize the car.

cjuni

Established Member
It's a scam, I emailed a guy about the same thing and once i asked for a number to speak to someone, he never got back to me and wouldn't email be back.......total BULLSHIT!!!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I know for a fact that this is a scam. This guy has been running this scam with a few variations for a month or two now.

First, you are NOT covered by ebay for a non-ebay auction item. Second, you are NOT covered by ebay for auction items except for certain circumstances.

If you think everyone here is wrong and are determined to do this, call ebay and ask them if you are covered.

Second, if this is for real, why does the guy need $1500.00 before you can see the car? Tell him you will have someone drive to look at the car THAT DAY, and verify its VIN and ownership and that you will then send him the $. See what happens....

No more emails from the guy.... hmmmm.... How do you think I know this? I already tested the guy. I like calling out scammer to waste their time and prove to myself that I was right. (And of course, on the off hand chance that it was legit.) Moral of the story is that it doesn't hurt to shake down sweet sounding deals, as long as you cover your a$$ all the way.

But in this case:

ITS A SCAM!!! RUN AWAY!!!

biggyman6

pumpkin
Established Member
if he says that the company is square trade then its a scam...same guy tried this on a harley and its a total scam...stay away from it

64comet

Established Member
Total scam. Usually they hack into someones account and put fake shit up so that they got a good ebay history. At one time I was selling a 50" Sony Flatscreen for $1000 out of italy. Was weird since at the time I was living in Florida. I emailed myself supposedly and got a reply from the moron. Then I asked him for my TV because I didn't want to sell it since. Asshole wouldn't even give me my own TV. So then I changed my password and reported it to Ebay. Seen the same scam with Motorcycles and multiple other cars. Stay away. They also like the wife selling because husband caught cheating scam. Most of them are bullshit also.

everyman

smoke 'em
The only reason these scams proliferate is because there are so many dumbasses who fall for them.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Here's the EBAY MOTORS SCAM OF THE DAY

cb_1.JPG

1967 Mustang/Shelby GT 500 Super snake Recreation---427 Cross bolt block from' 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt (UNCUT BORE) pop-up pistons --eagle rods--427 medium riser heads--600 horsepower--C3 vintage Ford 2 --4 barrel intake with 2 holley carbs9" Ford rearend with 4:11 psoigears and 31 spline axles plus disc brakes, 4 link suspension and coil shocks-- Front end is from Rod and Custom Motorsports, it is a power rack and pinion steering with coil over shockquaility red paint with pure white stripes----Phanton gauges in the dash--door panels seats and dash are true 67 deluxe interior with rear fold down seat--under dash gauges and dash panel signed by CARROLL SHELBY himself in 2004

BUY IT NOW 4000.00 USD

Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only.
Email the seller to be placed on the pre-approved bidder list. :rollseyes

Seller Feedback Score: 0 :loser:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I live about 30 minutes from Eustis. Get me an address and I will got see it for you.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
LOL Car was last registered in Georgia (5/05). before that it was in Louisiana. CarFax is clean tho. Car is probably still in Georgia. I bet if you gave the florida DMV a call you could get the owners informaion and give him a call and let him know his car is for sale LOL!

and before some of you go saying you can't do that .. in some states you can DMV records are public records ... one way a PI can find your deadbeat ass LOL

P.S. NOTE THE NEW SIG >>>>

Users who are viewing this thread