Let the Slaughter Begin! ZR1 in the 9s with more to come

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Damnn, that's pretty impressive.
Only an upper, a lower, a GM performance intake, Kooks headers, and tune. Awesome stuff. Once they get the car and the tune dialed in, they'll be dipping into lower times for sure.
I'm still having a hard time liking that wing though. lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure he'll be pissed when a stick shift car a 1/3 of the price blows his doors off :)

0441-BAAB-DCD6-4-C45-8-C37-FF8482490-DA6.gif

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
Those cars are beauts, someone near me has an Orange one that's tits.
D'ZR1 Im in NOVA as well and I believe I saw you near the clock tower one day car is beautiful man.

The wing is an ehhhhhhh for me but I would def still get one.

Im with them on the slaughter thing to def impressive for bolt ons tho.

Thanks man...yep that would be me near clock tower. Hope to see you around and meet you one day.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I actually love the car. I’m looking at C7Z’s right now. My point was the trap speed was very low considering the power. If that spoiler is costing the car 10mph I’ll find a way to suck my own dick on camera.

RPM stated it would be good for a “few” mph by removing it on one of their customer cars but didn’t have the correct Torx/star bit to remove it at the time.

I’d still like to see one of these with the Level 3 C7Z spoiler. I think the ZTK looks ridiculous on a car that is not being tracked frequently. It just doesn’t fit the lines of the car. The power capability of these cars cannot be denied though.

Last edited:

bigdave03svt

Established Member
I actually love the car. I’m looking at C7Z’s right now. My point was the trap speed was very low considering the power. If that spoiler is costing the car 10mph I’ll find a way to suck my own dick on camera.

RPM stated it would be good for a “few” mph by removing it on one of their customer cars but didn’t have the correct Torx/star bit to remove it at the time.

I’d still like to see one of these with the Level 3 C7Z spoiler. I think the ZTK looks ridiculous on a car that is not being tracked frequently. It just doesn’t fit the lines of the car.

Its probably worth 3-5 MPH I would guess. The real killer is likely the huge grills, big ass splitter and winglets on the nose. A C7 Z stage 1 aero vs stage 3, is 15 seconds difference in 0-185...That's a massive time spread. When I remove the center wicker bill on my car I can tell a difference. The damn thing is like a parachute. Its also very noisy when its mounted, like window down, wind noise so to speak.

Here's some cool shots showing the difference in just the stage 1 vs stage 3 rear spoilers. The white car is stage 3 but he has his wicker bill in the lower setting. That's about 1-1/2'' down from the top of the spoiler. That's how I run mine. If it were all the way up it would be even more drastic. I'd love to see the ZTK package captured this way

47704569152_f7f559fc26_b.jpg
Untitled by D.C. 83, on Flickr

47704569142_207c12d92d_b.jpg

wicker bill down for the air flows! haha

46102072001_f69ca3416d_b.jpg

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Bad ass, I love that car. Tough crowd that 9.xx is boring.
It’s damn fast with all the other fast 9 second cars out there.

I still like the close to stock c6 z, drive to track run 10’s drive home no track adjustments besides maybe air in tires. Call me lazy or old fashioned. Haha.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Its probably worth 3-5 MPH I would guess. The real killer is likely the huge grills, big ass splitter and winglets on the nose. A C7 Z stage 1 aero vs stage 3, is 15 seconds difference in 0-185...That's a massive time spread. When I remove the center wicker bill on my car I can tell a difference. The damn thing is like a parachute. Its also very noisy when its mounted, like window down, wind noise so to speak.

Here's some cool shots showing the difference in just the stage 1 vs stage 3 rear spoilers. The white car is stage 3 but he has his wicker bill in the lower setting. That's about 1-1/2'' down from the top of the spoiler. That's how I run mine. If it were all the way up it would be even more drastic. I'd love to see the ZTK package captured this way

View attachment 1570393Untitled by D.C. 83, on Flickr

View attachment 1570394Untitled by D.C. 83, on Flickr

wicker bill down for the air flows! haha

View attachment 1570395Untitled by D.C. 83, on Flickr
THAT is a great looking Vette.
Drool!

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
10 years ago those big spoilers were RICE. Today they are performance. I knew those ricers were onto something!

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
That Corvette is meant for a road course, not for drag racing. So, any criticism of its straight line speed is just plain homerism.

And, based on looks alone, you could put a Honda push mower engine in it, and I'd take it over a Mustang. And that is coming from a guy with lots of blood and $ wrapped up into his pony.

Users who are viewing this thread