LETHAL PERF: 03/04 Black Chrome wheels

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
Has anyone bought or seen these Black Chrome 03/04 cobra wheels in person from Lethal Performance? Typically i dont like black wheels on a black car (call me crazy), but im curious to see how these black chrome wheels would look on my black cobra.

Let me know if anyone has seen them, and if you have pics, please post them!!!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
i was thinking grab a set for my redfire cobra.....but i have seen no photos to help me make a decision....

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
i was thinking grab a set for my redfire cobra.....but i have seen no photos to help me make a decision....

yeah thats my problem. and i dont really want to pull the trigger on a $700+ set of wheels if they will be hard to even re-sell if i dont like them lol

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
102_1842.jpg

102_1841.jpg

102_1837.jpg

102_1836.jpg

I got them on ebay shipped for $700

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
interesting wonder what company even makes those in black chrome...never seen those before. They look good but its hard to tell for me, because i didn't like the way the FR500s look on a cobra and i sold my FR500s i had for that reason. But thanks for the pics.

I like the style of black chrome, but im REALLY hoping someone who has the 03/04 style wheels in black chrome will post their pics with their black car to match! =)

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I bought the car with the chrome FR500 and I hated them with a passion untill I found them in black chrome. I have seen them on a black mustang and I dont think they look all that great Ill see if I can find the pics. Personally I would put the black powdered coated ones on.

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
I bought the car with the chrome FR500 and I hated them with a passion untill I found them in black chrome. I have seen them on a black mustang and I dont think they look all that great Ill see if I can find the pics. Personally I would put the black powdered coated ones on.

ew no i think they look cheap. and as i said originally, im really not a fan of black wheels on a black car...but this black chrome idea sparked my interest

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
SONICSALEEN

The company/manufacturer of the black chrome 03/04 cobra wheels (from the Lethal performance website) is the same manufacturer of the chrome black FR500 wheels....therefore i have to ask, how is the quality of the wheels? have a close up picture of them?

any problems with pitting like normal chrome or anything of the sort?

I'm wondering if this black chrome might have the "paint chipping" like those BBS 'plasma' coated wheels used to have

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I didnt have that car long enough to find out. They looked great and I baby shinny wheels. Personally I would go for it because they look real good. I can see if I can find the company I bought my from because they are prob way cheeper than leathal.

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
To me they look like chrome covered in brake dust.

no thats black POWDERCOATED....i think those look like crap.

black chrome looks intensely hot

What wheels are those in your sig? those look like BBS wheels or something

Users who are viewing this thread