Lethal Performance offering IRS Support Girdle!!!

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lethal Performance is proud to annouce the availability of the new IRS Rear Support Girdle made by Control Freaks.:beer:

For the first time you can now provide necessary support to higher HP Ford IRS. The Factory Stock 8.8 IRS may support up to 400, but over time it will weaken. Now, you can support your IRS with the only full support cover you can buy.

* Strengthen rear housing from distortion under load, prevents increased side bearing clearance and ring gear deflection.

* Lightweight Girdle is made of 356 T-6 Aircraft grade aluminum.

* CNC Machined for accuracy and quality.

* Hand deburred and inspected for fit and finished.

* Includes fill port, drain port, and breather port for easy service and attahment of external pump.

* Two Grade 8 Bolts with swivel "feet" for critical support of the bearing caps.

* Increase fluid by 1/2 pint to keep it lubed and operating cooler by about 15 degrees.

* Improved undercarriage appearance.

* All hardware included

* Works in all late model 8.8 Ford IRS Applications including Mustang Cobra, T-Bird Supercoupe, 8.8 IRS Cougars and Lincoln MVIII.

We will have these in stock and ready to ship on 4/5/2007.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...08-control-freaks-rear-support-irs-cover.html

CF-808_MED.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Good luck Lethal with the new Brace. You're jumping into some muddy waters with that one.
Best of luck,
posi

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
posi said:
Good luck Lethal with the new Brace. You're jumping into some muddy waters with that one.
Best of luck,
posi

It isn't a brace. It is a complete rear-end girdle for the IRS 8.8. It replaces the stock rear-end cover instead of reinforcing it.

It looks pretty nice.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
posi said:
Best of luck,
posi

Edited.. Thanks for all the support bro. Jared

Last edited:

lucafu1

Established Member
dont worry about the forum TARDS. i bought one, been waiting for a long long time for one. just glad its finally here. good to see new parts still rolling out for the 03/04 cobras. my BF/MJ brace has done a great job to get me this far.

- Aj -

Established Member
FINALLY!!! I can't beleive it took this long to get one of this manufactured at an affordable price! Props to you and Control Freaks! :rockon:

turboboyz

Established Member
so my question is this suppose to stop blowouts? cause i was thinking about gettn the brace but is this better than that?

lucafu1

Established Member
the brace works great to prevent blow outs but there has been 1 or 2 covers crack with the brace installed. i dont think it was cause the brace didnt do its job, i think it was because the carrrier came apart. a good thing about this cover is the two swival bolts that apply pressure to the bearing caps and help prevent it from comming apart.

i dont want to insult you but you really should try searching a bit since the idea of a cover/girdle has been around for a long time. theres lots of info out there, dont be another one of "those guys" who ask a question and takes the first or only answer they get as gospel. it happens a lot.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
posi said:
Best of luck,
posi

I meant this in the best of ways for you guys! Muddy waters= lot of competition and reputation from BF! Good luck with the new cover that helps brace the rear! Nothing bad from me as I order parts from you guys only (!)through the tuner on my windshield! You guys are great and it will take some of us to see how great this cover works! I always wondered when someone would come out with one of these and why no one has until now. So again good luck and keep up the great service!:-D
Hell I just ordered MMCC plates and a Fiore adjuster. Along with first 6 steps of the red pill and a Accufab TB.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
posi said:
I meant this in the best of ways for you guys! Muddy waters= lot of competition and reputation from BF! Good luck with the new cover that helps brace the rear! Nothing bad from me as I order parts from you guys only (!)through the tuner on my windshield! You guys are great and it will take some of us to see how great this cover works! I always wondered when someone would come out with one of these and why no one has until now. So again good luck and keep up the great service!:-D
Hell I just ordered MMCC plates and a Fiore adjuster. Along with first 6 steps of the red pill and a Accufab TB.

My bad bro.. You can see that it can be read both ways.. Sorry bout that!!!

Thanks a ton for all of your support Jared :beer: :beer: :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm glad we got that cleared up as I was going to call you to make sure! Again good luck with the IRS Support Girdle and the many future growing (in square footage area) years of Lethal Performance!

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
So im guessing you still need this and level 5's if you plan on putting some serious power? This just avoids having to use a bunch of braces to reinforce the pumpkin?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
image said:
So im guessing you still need this and level 5's if you plan on putting some serious power? This just avoids having to use a bunch of braces to reinforce the pumpkin?

As far as braces go the BF IRS brace is an awesome solution. It's a super high quality piece that only costs $150 and it's been proven to work for some time now. The new cover that we are offering is another alternative. I don't believe you'll need an IRS brace with it as it's structually sound and built to handle the stress thats put on it. With that said either the BF IRS brace or the Crazy Freaks Diff cover will take care of the diff. Both of them have nothing to do with the halfshafts. Your stock halfshafts are still totally open to be damaged thats why we suggest upgrading them depending on how much power you intend on making and thr type of driving you do.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread